PEOPLE IN YOUR CONGREAGATION WHO COULDN'T GET ALONG WITH OTHERS

by badboy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

WERE THERE ANYONE LIKE THAT?

• dinah
    dinah

Yep, several.

We had one elder who NEVER smiled. So much for the joy, right? We had an elderly sister who would cringe if a black person greeted her. We had a gossip who would make the story much juicier than it really was. It was quite a bunch of off-the-wall characters.

Oh, and we had one man who lost his mind and thought he was Moses.

• yknot
    yknot

That would be the Power trippin' Elders, Elderettes and PO......they got along with no one but yet everyone kissed their ...

It is all about your place on the food chain.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

My mother. 40 years a JW and still doesn't get on with anyone hardly.

• RR
    RR

Funny, I got along with everyone, there were some I didn't care for. But strangely enough, I didn't have close JW friends, so when I left it was no problem cutting the cords.

I know that my P.O. hated with a passion a former P.O. who lost his privileges, and he made sure that this former P.O. didn't even hold the microphones.

RR

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There were some that I didn't like. There was this hounder that insisted that I look and act happy about being rejected by the opposite sex, and even gave me a W on a talk on that counsel point (he was not known for giving out W's liberally). This same hounder usually kept me waiting 10 minutes or more after telling me explicitly "Just a minute" (as in one minute, not 10). I always started timing him as soon as "Just a minute" comes out of his mouth, and invariably it would be more than 10 minutes. And he was strict about the white shirt rule.

Funny thing, this same hounder had the nerve to wonder why I was only turning in one hour of field circus a month, not 200 or more.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes! Two elderly PI sisters snipped and bickered and yelled at each other in the khall parking lot after meetings for fs, in car groups, and everywhere else but the khall. It went before the elders with moi as one of the many witnesses. All the elder did was to have us all take turns reading from the United in Worship book about something. It was boring and didn't help at all. They shut up for a week but went right back to fighting. They were never removed.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Add my mom to the list of cringe inducing people that no one was able to like because of personality quirks that were loud, visually and auditorily, before, during and after the meetings. She makes the audience and speakers jump when she sneezes.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• metaspy
    metaspy

There was an elder in one hall who never ever admitted he was wrong.
    Even if Jesus came and corrected him, it wouldn't be enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit