My wife had a call from a Wallkill, NY cell phone yesterday...whats up?

by Thechickennest 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

The caller inquired of Mrs.Chickennest if she was disfellowshipped? The caller identified herself with a name we didn't recognize. When my wife indicated that she was no longer a witness, the call was ended by the caller. We have never sought out any old friends from the WT Farm. What could this be about?

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe someone miss talking to your wife, but due to the shunning policy, they had to hang up.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Wow, that is very odd!!!!!!! I wonder if they have someone going through files they keep on df'd ones? But even then, wouldn't they just contact the local elders? Too weird!!!!!!!

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Might just be an old acquaintance or friend wanting to verify, and at the same time wanting to maintain anonymity. Why would you think it would be anything more than that???

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

very odd. How do you know it was from a cell phone?

Can you try calling back from another phone to inquire??

-Aude.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Aude:

Our caller ID said it was a "wireless" number.

At this point we have no desire to return the call for more information. We just wonder if we are being checked on for some reason.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Run the cell phone using a reverse lookup at www.whitepages.com

A@G

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

owenfieldreams:

I think that everyone we have known from past days is surely well aware that we dropped our identification as JW's. We are not bitter minded apostates out trying to convert everyone we have ever known in the organization. We consider many of the people we left behind as life long friends and at the end of the day if there is God that is just and caring we will be on speaking terms again someday. I think the caller knew of our resignation from the witnesses before the call was placed-just a guess of course.

• nelly136
    nelly136

maybe it can be used as a gentle reminder not to confirm or deny any information to anyone unrecognised who calls until you've ascertained what their business is, why theyre calling, and on behalf of whom.

sometimes googling phone numbers gives clues to unknown callers, i do that sometimes when i find numbers on my phone i don't recognise.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

nelly136,

I agree. Taking the stance of a silent one may be best. It may be a protection to the caller since they are obviously reaching out to a person they should not be talking to according to the rules of JWism. The rules of JWism do not apply to us since Mrs.Chickennest and I are no longer practicing JWism. It's like ones still in the organization of JWism really end up shunning themselves by picking the scissors and cutting themselves out the picture. The JWism shunning policy then becomes a one way street leading back the practicing JW. Perhaps, one day the Society of JWism will see the error of their ways with the shunning policy, until then this particular incident is a kind of cat and mouse game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit