Faith healing

by Zico 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

you know that church is going to get pestered by heather mills mccartney till doomsday now....he he

• parakeet
    parakeet

The only healing taking place is the increased growth of the healer's wallet.

• Zico
    Zico

Apparently, the only money my friend spent was when buying a Coffee at the Cafe.

I don't think this is a fraud, Fran is a public figure, she works for BBC radio, and I don't think she'd get away with sharing her testimony on the air, and a BBC article about the story if the whole thing had been invented.

Awakened, No problem. Skepticism is healthy. Note that I haven't said I believe (at least conclusively) that this is a miracle from God, I was just sharing what I thought was a fascinating experience, I do think a leg growing 1.5 inches in a few seconds is no small feat, and she said she'd had this problem since she was 13 so the Doctors couldn't do much about it. If the healer isn't using God, he's still managing to do something quite special.

"Yet he can't seem to heal very real, serious problems, or give amputees their legs or arms back. Why?"

Of course, I don't know the answer this. I'm sure they've had these 'New Wine' conferences near where I live before, maybe I'll visit the next one and see if they can do anything about my sight problem. It's not a real or serious problem, because I can wear glasses, but I don't have anything to lose, and it will be a good experiment.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

By all means, "Something may actually be happening here" is not an unhealthy approach, but these people are clearly selling (or "selling") it as if it's the (biblical) Creator of the universe doing these things.

I'm semi-open to such things (things happening we can't yet explain), but seriously, it's not that hard to test this scientifically. Put the person on an MRI scan machine or something while it's done. But - I guess that would be to 'test God', and it possibly wouldn't work then. Worth a shot, though. If it works, it works, if you ask me.

• nelly136
    nelly136

if it works on boobs , sign me up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit