Faith healing

by Zico 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

Last month a friend of mine went to a Christian conference in the UK, when she told me about this, she was quite excited, apparently, she had witnessed a miracle. She saw a women's leg grow 1.5 inches! Previously, it had been shorter than the other leg due to a skiing accident, but now, both legs are the same size.

There is a video of this on Youtube, and there is even an article on the BBC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtoosvGIqYs
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2008/05/07/frances_finn_miracle_turning_point_feature.shtml

So, what do you think? A fraud, a miracle from God, or something else?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Pretty amazing stuff!

I read the comments on youtube and one was by a physio who was apparently right there during filming and says that Fran didn't shuffle or anything like that - which was what I wondered, after all 1.5 inches isn't that much!!

I have heard reports within the church I attend, of someone who had one leg much shorter than the other (due to a birth defect I think) - maybe 3-4 inches, being healed in the same way - several of our church members were witness to it.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

One of my tests is what were they asking for as far as money.

What were they selling?

Follow the money.

(I believe in some of what people term as faith healing, and
    other psychosomatic events)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hahahahaha.

• Zico
    Zico

Thanks Emo. Very interesting.

Hey Prince, I e-mailed my friend to ask her if any money was involved. I'll get back to you when I know.

Care to add anything more constructive, Shamus?

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

I would like to have seen this done without her shoes being on. Also, the Bible talks about those being able to perform great signs and wonders to deceive.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Peoples legs can stretch an inch and a half by moving their hip down

There are no such things as miracles there is only science and knowledge.

• choosing life
    choosing life

The video is not very convincing. How can anyone tell if her leg is not just slightly pulled higher than the other and slowly lowered? You would think when filming a miracle, they would want there to be no guessing.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Zico and Prince - It was a 'New Wine' conference. There is usually a small admission charge (about £5) for delegates which basically covers the venue hire (and Harrogate ain't cheap lol!) and probably just travel and accommodation expenses for the speakers. It's certainly nothing on the scale of the Hagees/Hinns/Copelands of the world and they won't do a shout for more cash during the day.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

How tiny can one manage to make ones God?

Seriously, "Wow - God made her leg grow an inch and a half! It's a miracle!".

Yet he can't seem to heal very real, serious problems, or give amputees their legs or arms back. Why?

I wish people would grow up (not you, but globally).

To grow up and smell the coffee (or rather, the things that stink).

-Sorry, that was very typically skeptical and cynical of me. So let me make up for it:

Ooohh - that's fantastic!! I love all earth's creatures, and it makes my heart sing and soar with happy happy joy joy feelings and see colorful rainbows whenever I hear of such miracles!!

Peace be upon all the Universe's children in the beautiful colorful universe, I love you all!!!

There, hope that repaired some of the damage from my first statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit