Changes in Elder arrangement?

by metatron 19 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

The elders are appointed by the Watch Tower Corporation(s), based on the recommendations of their employee, the circuit overseer. The circuit overseer runs the congregations, the circuit overseer works for the Watch Tower Corporation(s), The circuit overseer ties the behaviors of the elders (and ministerial servants) and congregations aggregate to the Watch Tower Pennsylvania bank vault.

Seems like I could hit that target in the dark with a straight pin. How much easier could it be? I hope they don't change the current structure. I like it the way it is:-)

• moshe
    moshe

Damned if you do and damned if you don't- that will be the result of changes the GB makes. They should get rid of the CO and let the Congs be self governed, but the GB is too greedy for that- they have to keep control of all the KH and that valuable real estate. So they will probably allow the congs to have elected elders, with the CO making sure the election doesn't get too democratic. The JW's are in the KH because they don't like having to make decisions. This election busines, if it comes about will be hard for some JW's to adjust to.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    The JW's are in the KH because they don't like having to make decisions.

That sure describes many long term Witnesses I know. Then there are those who don't like making decisions and resent being told what to do:-)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

with the CO out the paper trails breaks. Local elders calling legal are protected just as a client who speaks confidentially to his attorney is.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

I think--no, predict-- there will be changes to the elder arrangement, and it will revert to more local control, which actually could be a good thing for the org. The apparent doing away with the CO arrangement as it is currently known would seem to indicate movement in that direction.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I started a thread a while ago that has had thousands of hits regarding the changes to the 'org'.

Anyone that has been in the org for any length of time will notice that they take two paths when making changes, they either bomb you with sensational headlines, or they sneak things in via a whisper campaign lead by thge CO's backed up by talks at conventions, then touched on in the Watchtower.

I think we are seeing the second process with the elder arrangement.

In one of the script talks at last years DC they said " there is no ladder in Jehovahs organisation" and " wives, dont put pressure on your husbands to get position".

This is being backed up by the CO's visit which is all about who to appoint and how the society doesnt want to quote "pen pushers in positions of oversight".

So we see the whisper campaign in full force.

This will lead to a talk showing how some elders have not treated their appointment correctly and that as a result of human imperfection and pride, the arrangements are to be changed.

You can take that to the bank!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

again the spin to show consideration and kindness to the flock. ugh I just threw up a little bit. It really is interesting with legal in the drivers seat.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anything to make people think they are going more mainstream while doing precisely the opposite.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hey this worked for the mormons didnt it? Like a couple of times? When they were in trouble for bigamy and then in trouble for racism? Suddenly "Gawd" gave their prophets this new info JUST IN TIME to make changes to save the church from huge bounteous lawsuits and reprisals! Hell Gawd is really good with economic issues with regard to his cults isnt He? Handy that way. I mean just in time he stopped the manufacture and sale of hoagies and shasta at the district conventions, made the publications paperbacks and got rid of that extra pesky meeting to save GAS for his people didnt he?

Oh what a wonderful Jehoober Gawd they have. Im sure He will come through on this too. Jehoober has a Law Degree too you know. He had 12 tribes and each had the same laws to follow but each was responsible for what went on in their own camps. What happened in Soddom stayed in Soddom until God sent his Circuit Overseer Angel down there to find out what was really happening. The angel asked Abraham who tried to downplay the situation, and the end result was as we all know the destruction of Soddom.

The Society is torn between total control of all things and removal of themselves from the rank and file who insist on getting into trouble doing things like rape, sodomy, molestation and killing off their spouses and blaming others for it. They cant have it both ways.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Ha ha...I'm surprised the watchtower hasn't considered "contract for service" elders (or maybe they have). The trend in the US government and many large corporations is to offer contracts for service to "outside agencies" rather than assume the liabilities of doing the work themselves. The contract (for whatever it's worth) would, no doubt, be less costly than the anticipated settlements and judgments rendered against the Society. It's called "right-sizing" in order to protect the ever-increasing quantity of corporate assets (not profits, heaven forbid) while maintaining a tax-free status. My guess is that the Society is now controlled, top-to-bottom, by lawyers and bean-counters. Not surprising.

Carlos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit