How long must you suffer?

by Magick 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabfree
    wannabfree

Nice to hear you are doing so well after moving on from all the brainwashing. Life is for the living.

Are you affiliated with any other religion? My friend and I are exploring spirituality, conclusions still forthcoming. Perhaps it's as Einstein implied, 65 years ago, "there seems to be some kind of intelligence working its way through nature..." Who knows?

But the witnesses stance that only less than 1% deserve to live on the earth in paradise, while the rest can go up in smoke, is so ugly. And many religions seem to have trace of this kind of god in their mind. I feel morally passionate about dissipating this myth whenever possible.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Ghandi was a very wise man! There is so much good in life, so much that we lost out on in our youth as

JWs, but there is still a whole world out there that is caring and kind and good. But we have to be looking

for it itstead of looking for all the evil. We find what we look for. It is the law of attraction.

We all feel anger and bitterness when we first leave the WT. We feel so betrayed. It is hard to forgive, because

of the things that have happened to us in the name of Jehovah and the things that are still being done. However,

I believe that the key to our healing is being able to forgive. I watched a 20/20 show last night that talked about

this. I saw a woman choose to forgive a man who killed her daughter and unborn child. She did this for her grandson (it was his father)

Forgiveness is not for other people it is for us. When we harbor unforgiveness in our hearts it leads to bitterness.

I heard this saying and I believe it is true. "When we harbor bitterness in our heart, it is like taking poison and expecting

the other person to die". Our unforgiveness only hurts us.

I think that people have an unreal belief about what forgiveness is. Many feel that they have to associated with or put

themselves in the lives of people that they forgive. I do not think that this is what forgiveness is. I think forgiveness is letting

go of the person or group that has hurt us. As long as we hold anger and bitterness in our hearts, that person/org. controls us.

We have to let go in order to get on with our lives.

Velta

• Balsam
    Balsam

Great post, and good words to help witnesses who are moving away from the witness thinking. Its a real struggle when we first leave. I was a witness for 30 years so I had a lot of soul searching.

Ruth

• Quandry
    Quandry

Great post. You said:

Show love everyday, even if it means watering a plant, or caring for your yard, or eating something healthy, or petting your dog or cat...every act of love heals your heart.

These are simple things, that I am just now learning. Yes, I suffered more than 10 years. But, I choose now...not to suffer any more.

Well, my family and I went through hell for about three years. Better now. We are choosing not to also......There is still pain but as you said it helps to be busy in the yard, etc.

What we can all do is try to be there for new posters, to help them through the process.......

• independent_tre
    independent_tre
    "When we harbor bitterness in our heart, it is like taking poison and expecting

the other person to die".

Great quote. This is a wonderful thread with many pearls of wisdom from the original poster as well as the responses. Really encouraging...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit