Tennasee- Witness man preaching to Goth Satanist gets family killed!!

by Witness 007 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

This terrible tragedy occoured on April the 6th 1997.

If I had a car or van I would no longer stop at rest stops either. There are far too many crimes and murders. People make the rest stops filthy in the bathroom, graffiti on the walls and gouged doors on bathroom stalls. What a shame.

I would rather drive down a nice country road or find a small diner in my travels and stop there.

Orangefatcat.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

2 things: No one deserves that! Not even being a pesky JW justifies that!
    <br><br>Also, it is SO foolish to approach strangers at rest stops-for any reason! They are isolated, you have no idea who you are approaching and they could be murdering goth satanists! I mean for god's sake, risking your ENTIRE family by going up to kids who obviously look like they have some kind of attitude. . .you don't need to be judgemental or assume anything, but common sense would allow a person to not go and approach strangers that look threatening! That is just stupid.
    <br><br>Probably not a story that will get a lot of JW press. How can they spin that? Can't even blame 'christendom' or religious persecution. the kids were obviously evil and wanted to destroy lives-and it could have been a nice old couple in a winnebago or a couple traveling on motorcycles. They simply wanted to destroy. The same kind of personality randomly shoots up neighborhoods for the hell of it.

Edited to add: Who the hell wrote the story/article? That was a crime of journalism if indeed it purported to be such! Poor kids ran out of money so they robbed and killed a innocent family? What about the family? They are ignored so we can lament the issues of the killers?

We can understand what causes people to commit crime-but unless and until we can invade homes and force people to be good parents--it serves no good purpose to offer tea and crumpets to killers.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

This is a picture of the family Lillelid.

alt

Orangefatcat

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

:( Heartbreaking story for everyone. It is so sad that minds can be so deluded as to even consider hurting others. The WT delusions-at least I understand them, and the consequences. What a lovely little family.

• VM44
    VM44

Remember the stories of the Avon lady being killed, but the JW woman who came to the same door earlier wasn't because two large men were seen standing next to her?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

They look like such a nice family. That's really tragic...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My wife once gave some stranger our personal phone number, "in case you want to go to the meeting.....I TOLD HER OFF GOOD!! This is why I get worried.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I spoke about this family on another thread. My family studied with Vidar Lillelid, so my father was instrumental in bringing him into the JWs. So I knew him from the late 80's early 90's before he moved to TN. Tragic what happened to them!

A@G

A@G, they were our friends. They were behind us when we left Johnson City and stopped at the rest area. We had already passed the exit and went on. Another friend and her children were behind them and stopped, too. Our friend tried to get them to leave the rest area with her and her kids when they left but Vidar wanted to talk to the (her words) 'wierded out' teenagers in the rest area. When we got home my ex called and called Delfina's (Vidar's wife) home phone # but didn't get an answer. We found out why the next morning. I just hope that Peter (the son) finds out the truth about the truth and gets out of the JW's. His maternal grandmother is a Christian who lives in Miami and sued for custody but the judge decided that Delphina and Vidar would want him rasied as a JW so he went to live in Sweden with his aunt Randi and uncle Odd who are hardcore JW's.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The father of one of the boys hanged himself in Kentucky after his son was convicted and sent to prison for life.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so tragic, so unnecessary. I think the WTBTS is criminal to encourage the door to door work. They are the very ones saying that the world is more dangerous and more violent. How on earth can they continue to encourage people to put themselves in danger? You even see little kids working the street together, going up to houses, no adult with them. And as for that Avon story, what a load of bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit