Just wanted to say hi, also have a question

by exwitless 13 Replies latest jw friends

• exwitless
    exwitless

Hey, everyone. You probably didn't miss me, but I've been away from the board for a few months. I guess you could say I'm an "irregular poster", and I'm "weak", and should do more "personal study".

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and ask about a little rumor LDB read something about: Are they really doing away with the book study and CO visits? I had thought for years before I DAd that they needed to dispense with the book "study" (a.k.a. Read on your own, have someone read it again out loud, then have about 5 people read it again in random order by answering the mind-numbing repetitive questions). And those CO visits (a.k.a come to the meeting 30 minutes early, kiss the CO's butt, brown nose, speak piously about how "encouraging" his visit is, compliment his lovely wife, then endure 45 minutes of being emotionally whipped, guilted, made to feel inferior, etc...) have long outworn their welcome.

OK, enough of my ranting. Tell me more about the latest dub sagas.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Book study is DONE in the new year.

The C.O. being let go is just a rumour.

• PEC
    PEC

Welcone back exwitless, you were missed.

Philip

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Excuse us, maam, but in the time that you've been away, JWD has become a PRO-Witness forum. You're going to have to supply the song numbers to this week's Service Meeting to post here. We will send you your packet of Kool-Aid and the printed instructions at our convenience.

Hehehe.

Book Study dies in January. It's officially to become a shortened BIBLE Study (yeah, right) combined with a shortened TMS and SM for a gruesome threesome one night of the week.

There's been nothing official to the congregations yet about CO/DO changes. We've gotten some explanations from reliable members here about changes with that and with the elder arrangement, too.

Oh, and the word on the street is that Armageddon is really, really, REALLY close.

B the X

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

HEY! I remember you guys. LDB li'l drummer boy right?

• garybuss
    garybuss

If the fourth time through the Revelation book wouldn't kill off the bookstudy meeting nothing would. It could and it did. The death of the bookstudy meeting has been coming up for quite a while, they just couldn't decide how to do it. Interesting that they did it by demoting the Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses and sending a letter direct from the Governing Body.

I don't know why anybody'd want to read fiction when they could watch the Watch Tower owners try to stay in business. It's better'n a Pop-eye cartoon. The Watch Tower Society shenanigans reminds me of the Roadrunner and the coyote cartoons. Every time the Watch Tower thinks they did something smart another rock falls on them. Then they're off in a corner or back room scheming up a new plan. Hahahaha! Hilarious!

• moshe
    moshe

The CO visit is the one legal tether that provides a reason for lawyers to follow the money trail back to the WT coffers in Brooklyn to collect a settlemnt in the pedophile cases. . The CO inspects the KH, OK's the elders and makes sure their judicial judgements are the correct ones. Yep- they gotta get rid of the WT paid and directed CO.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

"Armageddon really, really close" made me suddenly remember an older Dub who commented AT A MEETING with the Mic, that Armageddon was SUPPOSED to happen in 1975, so it must be SUPER-Close now (maybe 1990 or so) they were dead serious, not an apostacomment at all . This was the first glimpse of past dim Light. A bunch of people got uncomfortable at the comment, I just now remembered this and understand why for the first time. Ha!

• yknot
    yknot
    If the fourth time through the Revelation book wouldn't kill off the bookstudy meeting nothing would

Amen Gary !!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

exwitless:

You probably didn't miss me

of course you were missed... hope all is well...

been away from the board for a few months

always something interesting going on...not too much drama lately (knock on wood).... lots of cool videos from a poster named V....and blondie is back to doing WT comments....

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit