EXPLOSIVE RUTHERFORD THREAD RESTORED

by Farkel 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Farkel
    Farkel

What I consider to be my most important contribution to this board had become corrupted somehow and I thought lost. While rooting around for some other information, I found a site that had reconstructed the entire 28 page thread! The thread is much more important than just what I contributed, because many, many people spent money and time doing further research and thread took on a life of its own.

This is an introduction provided at the site I found:

"In September 2004, Farkel posted an article on this forum called “Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie.” His essay, which subsequently was translated into several languages and which received over 10,000 views after the first month, spawned a thread that ran 28 pages and contained the collaborative research efforts of many in JWD. This thread was thought by some moderators to be the best in the forum — not necessarily because of the claims in the original essay but because it inspired a staggering amount of research aimed at assessing the credibility of the claims made in the essay, as well as adding to our knowledge of this fascinating yet obscure chapter of Watchtower history.And then, it was all gone. Through some software quirk, the thread became corrupted and would no longer load. But a number of participants in the thread had the foresight to download the thread and save copies of it — though in varying degrees of completeness. Fortunately, it was enough to recover virtually all the content from the original thread. Last fall, I spent a week reconstructing the thread by creating tables in Microsoft Word that simulated the formatting of JWD, and by cutting and pasting content into the appropriate cells. After this painstaking work, I produced a PDF that has both the look and feel of the original thread."

As I recall, the total page views was over 20,000. The link below provides a very nice summary of the facts and issues and a link to download the complete thread. It is about 14mb in size.

Rutherford Exposed Still LIVES!

Farkel

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Wow Farkel :) It's like being reunited with a long lost child! I am going to go read this...how cool is this? :)

Loves

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is significant and important, folks - a lot of research that was feared lost forever. Download a copy and preserve it, please.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Download a copy and preserve it, please.

Done.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Just a brief note that I was the one who made the PDF and the blog copied and pasted my post without acknowledgement (in case there is any confusion, it would be nice if a comment could be posted to the blog to make this clear). The thread the post was taken from is here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/154191/1.ashx

See the new massive compilation of biographical data on p. 4 of the thread.

• minimus
    minimus

btt

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Actually you should bump the actual thread, which has truly been restored thanks to the migration of the forum to JWN:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/77915/1/Rutherford-Exposed-The-Story-of-Berta-and-Bonnie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Farkel..

I tried to read what you wrote..This is what I got..

WordPress.com

The authors have deleted this blog. The content is no longer available.

........................ ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Got your links Leolaia..Thanks..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Leo, I didn't find the originals and saw this, so brought it up.

JWN is fortunate to have folks like you and Farkel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit