Rutherford, Wm Heath Sr, and Coca Cola

by startingover 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

I want to see the check Dr. Heath wrote to the Watch Tower paying for Beth Sarim!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I couldn't seem to copy and paste but I did find Rutherfords passport applications on ancestry.

In 1910, he applies along with his wife Mary M. and minor child Malcolm. He is listed as a lawyer, 40 years old, 6'2", dark eyes and dark hair, his permanent residence is Brooklyn.

In 1913, he applies again and again he applies with his wife Mary M and child M C Rutherford.

In 1922, he applies but not with his wife or child. He is now recorded as 35 years old (obvious mistake), 5'9", gray eyes and dark hair. He is listed as an Editor and living at Columbia Heights, Brooklyn.

Just some info.

sammieswife.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

thanks sammieswife...

Can I get the dates of his birth and death. For some reason I can't find them. I just went to ancestory.com....couldn't find nothing. But I'm still learning how to do all this crapola!!

thanks

shelley

• Farkel
    Farkel

crazyblond,

:Since we are talking obits....where would I find one for rutherford and russell??

For Rutherford, it would be the old San Diego Sun, now called the San Diego Union or San Diego Union Tribune.

Don't know about Russell.

Farkel

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Joseph F Rutherford was born November 8, 1869 in Morgan County in the State of Missouri. He listed his father as James C. Rutherford.

He died Jan 8, 1942 in San Diego, CA. His mothers maiden name was given as Strickland.

How did one of Jehovahs Witnesses swear the oath of allegiance in good conscience in order to get a passport? sammieswife.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

This is what I have:

Joseph Franklin Rutherford was born in Morgan County, Missouri on November 8, 1869.

He died in San Diego, California on January 8, 1942 at the age of 72.

His father's name was James Calvin Rutherford who died in Versailles, Missouri on July 11, 1912.

His mother's name was Lenora Strickland who died in Versailles, Missouri on October 9, 1926.

J. F. Rutherford had 5 sisters (Flora, Anna, Virginia, Ella and Lena) and 2 brothers (James B. and W.P.).

J. F. Rutherford married Mary Fetzer in December 1890.

Joseph and Mary Rutherford had one son, Malcolm Cameron Rutherford, who was born in Missouri on November 10, 1892 and who died in Arcadia, California on June 22, 1989.

William Pratt Heath Jr. was born in Atlanta, Georgia on November 17, 1903 and died in Florida in August 1981.
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

gotta post here so I can find it later

• startingover
    startingover

I went to this site: http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/heritage/chronicle_birth_refreshing_idea.html

It contains a complete history of the Coca Cola company but nowhere is Heath mentioned. If he was who it said he was in the obituary Barbara posted surely his name would be mentioned in the link above. But it's not and I wonder why.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Startingover,

I found the same thing. But what I also found were a few sites that speak only of "Heath" without giving his full name. And there they mentioned that he was a chemist who developed the Coca Cola formula and who founded the company but with a different name in the beginning. I'm sorry, but I can't remember right now what websites point that out. So there does seem to be a conflict, with some claiming Heath and others claiming Pemberton as the company's founder.

Frank

• VM44
    VM44

I put in "William Pratt Heath" in the search box at Google Books and found a few references.

The Sixth General Catalogue of Sigma Alpha Epsilonby Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Howard P. Nash, Edward H. Virgin, William Collin Levere - 1904 - 607 pages,

Page 99
    William Pratt Heath, b. 1874. Init. 7 Oct., 1893. Chemist. With NP Pratt Laboratory. Atlanta, Ga.

"William Pratt Heath" is also referenced in the book:

The big drink: the story of Coca-Cola
    by Ely Jacques Kahn - 1960 - 174 pages

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit