Was everyone really vegeterian pre-flood?

by blkblk13 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blkblk13
    blkblk13

Ok it's late and Im bored and this might ramble a bit but I got to thinking, The WBTS always proposes that everyone, b/f God gave Noah permission to eat meat, was vegeterian. Witnesses always talk about how in the New System we will all go back to being vegeterian since I think in Isaiah it says the the lion or wolf will graze and eat grass like the lamb or something and it was never Gods plan for us to eat meat.

This doesn't sound right to me. Why would God make animals begin to eat each other if it was not according to his plan? If all the nutrients that the animals needed could be consumed soley through plants b/f the flood how would that change after the flood. Some might say the world was perfect b/f Adam's sin so now the animals needed suplemental nutrition now that they were no longer in the garden of Eden, but for one imperfection was only passed down to humans b/c only humans had sinned. Animals r not imperfect and plants and vegetation certainly are not. Recently, plants and animals have suffered b/c of man-made pollution which makes them deformed and stuff but the industrial age was long after the flood so it stands to reason that both plants and animals were being produced @ the same level of quality that they existed @ in the garden of Eden. Second, the flood was centuries I think actually millenea after Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden of eden so if animals and humans could exist for thousands of years on a strictly vegan diet after the fall of the garden of Eden why couldn't they continue existing that way after the flood? What changed? Some might say that the flood caused all of the vegetation to die so they would have had nothing to eat. Well, what did all the herbivores on the Ark eat during the days immediately after the flood. If there was enough vegetation for some animals, who continued to exist down to this day as herbivores, to survive why wasn't there enough vegetation for the rest of the animals that became carnivores and omnivores to survive? Why did their dietary requirements all of a sudden necesitate the use of meat?

Another strange thing to me is that the bible says god took a rest on the 7th day. This is interpreted as a rest from his creative works. The WBTS says that he has not created anything since. Well, if he hasn't created anything since how did all the predators in the world get sharp teeth and fangs. If they were strictly on vegan diets wouldn't they have had large flat molars like bovines and horses and other grazing animals? How did the snake get his fangs, venom, and a detachable jaw? What would he have used those things for in the Garden of Eden? Paralyzing and then swallowing whole watermelons? Why would insects all of a sudden need to hunt and kill each other? Why would ants be given poisen stingers and instinct to work in groups to subdue prey 1000s of times larger than themselves?

And the explanation has always been that humans and animals needed extra nutrients that only meat could provide (which is queer because present day vegans have shown that a very healthy, albiet @ times extremely pale, skinny and sallow, existence can be had w/out any incorporation of animal based products in one's diet), but WHY IN THE HELL DOES THE VENUS FLYTRAP EXIST? The existance of this plant defys all explanations given in my mind. I mean it eats insect and has a very complex way of attracting, consuming and digesting them. Why would this plant or how could this plant have existed in the garden of Eden? Why would one plant require the consumption of other life forms when the rest of the plant kingdom is perfectly fine w/ getting nutrients from the soil and through photosynthesis. And if God gave the Venus Flytap the ability to do this after the flood than how the heck does that not count as an act of creation? If God basically reworked all carnivorous and omnivorous creatures from being herbivores to their present state how can the WBTS say that he rested on the 7th day and has rested since?

Ok I got that all out and Im not even going to ask that u read this but now I think I can go to sleep. I know that Im going to read this in the morning..well later in the morning and none of it will make any sense but I just had to get it out. thanx.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi, welcome the the board and to cognitive dissonance.

I ask why Cain was sacrificing a sheep many years before the flood?

(which is queer because present day vegans have shown that a very healthy, albiet @ times extremely pale, skinny and sallow, existence can be had w/out any incorporation of animal based products in one's diet)

I doubt that is true.

If any vegan claims that there is a non-animal source of vitamin B12, ask them for proof. If they produce some, check it thoroughly. Do not accept 'expert opinion'.

The 'evidence' that I have been presented with by fundimentallist vegans, has turned to be contaminated. Literally. The foods that were claimed to be providing the vegans with B12, turned out to be contaminated with human and animal excrement, known sources of B12.

B12 deficiency in children of vegans can be irreversable. If you are vegan and have children, you should not be encouraging your children to wash their hands after using the toilet, or educating them to wash vegetables.

Cheers

Chris

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - some dinosaurs ate meat

• White Dove
    White Dove

I go with what science has found and concluded: Our teeth match other vegi-animals. The teeth of meateaters match other meateaters.

Our teeth me to me that we were not meant to be meateaters.

• sir82
    sir82

Why yes.

Mosquitos used to eat sweat instead of blood.

T-rexes used their 6-inch long teeth to open coconuts.

And spiders built their webs to catch dandelion seeds.

This is all Bible-based.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Teeth? Evolution?

I eat meat just fine, and eat vegetables just fine.

• MissingLink
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is another example of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's inability to integrate its facts. Animals are not going to go through total remodels. Lions do not have teeth or digestive systems to digest cellulose, and neither do the other cats. Predators need animal protein as well.

People are another matter. Some people eat vegan diets and get away with it. However, most people do well to include animal products in their diets. Meats, dairy, and eggs provide some vitamins and nutrients that are found nowhere else (vitamin B12, anyone?). People need moderate amounts of meat or other animal products in their diets. That will not be done away with (well, vegans do somehow get their vitamin B12, often from yeast or supplements).

I would not count on, or trust, what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has to say about things. They don't know a thing that is of any use. The Creation book is one example of a book that is full of lies. The Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work book (soon to be two books) is also full of blatant lies. I would not trust the science of everything eating straw any more than those books.

Besides, that would create a shortage of straw.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Add to that list those insects which lay their eggs in the bodies of other insects which then proceed to hatch and eat the unfortunate host alive. Yes if God created them to have that life cycle then he is one real twisted guy, I mean what sort of mind comes up with that. Of course in evolutionary terms it is a pretty much perfect set up hmmmmmm

Dinosaurs ate meat hahahaha I like that one

Humans are omnivores and have those pointy sharp clearly not for eating plants style teeth at the front of their mouths to prove it, oh that and the fact that they have predatory eyesight with the eys facing forward kind of gives it away as well.

Common sense is so uncommon these days

• TD
    TD

The essential amino acid, Taurine is only found in animal tissue, not vegetation.

Vegetarian animals, like the large grazers and browsers are able to synthesize Taurine internally, from other amino acids

No member of the cat family is capable of this though. Without Taurine, a cat will die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit