Dispelling JW Myths: Great Crowd on Earth

by AuldSoul 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I think that would be a great idea, having you people do a commentary on the entire book of Revelation.

Suure. That sounds like fun. I just finished helping my hubby underline the darn thing. I was expecting, going in, that there would be some semblance of scholarship. But the entire book is a rant against babylon the great. I'm sick of it. Symbols are thrown around with abandon. No cohesiveness, no rhyme or reason. Particularly fanciful is how Ancient Rome is connected to England's empire and the United States. Here V summarized all the changes to the latest Revelation book: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/118235/1.ashx A Revelation on Revelation study: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/156302/1.ashx One of Leolaia's great threads: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/96705/1.ashx

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I think that would be a great idea, having you people do a commentary on the entire book of Revelation.
    Suure. That sounds like fun.

You know, i think you may be on to something here. Worthy of its own thread? Various members accepting various chapter(s) to research and compile? Could be interesting............

• jgnat
    jgnat

Let me modify my response....

Suuuuuuure. That sounds like fun.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

We'd never get past the first verse of chapter 1. There'd be 10 pages of arguing over how to interpret 'soon.'

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If I remember correctly, this is why Judas Iscariot threw the silver money into the temple, because non priests could not follow the men who had rejected his approach into the naos.

In fact there is one article about the meaning of this "naos" that DELIBERATELY avoids all mention of a single verse in Revelation, as it undermines their deliberate misrepresentation, whilst quoting all the other verses in the NT.

HB

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You guys should be like JWs and let the poor Bible just interpret itself...

Look what it says:

(Revelation 19:1) 19 After these things I heard what was as a loud voice of a great crowd in heaven. They said: "Praise Jah, YOU people! . .

Any questions?

That did it for me... naos schnaos... the WT can play with their naos all they want, but the great crowd is in heaven

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Revelation 11 appears to be earthly.

But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple [sanctuary], cast it clear out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months.

In the heaven there is a temple with a courtyard that will be given to the nations, and who will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months? The nations?

So where is the courtyard located if the temple is in heaven?

Just like a good JW I will say, "Oh, well it's just spiritual."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit