Jesus Camp

by Wordly Andre 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Did anyone see the movie called Jesus Camp? it was on Bio channel last night, very creepy these poor kids are so deep in this cult like christian religion. My wife and I were shocked at what they put these kids through, there is this one part where they are talking about how evil Harry Potter is and if he was alive back in Jesus time he would have been put to death, then later these kids are talking about Harry Potter and one kid says that his mom won't let him watch it but when he stays with his dad he watches it, all the kids look at him with this "OH MY GOD HE IS THE DEVIL" look, This movie is a documentary and reminds me of that movie Saved. Check it out

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

tHE SCARIESt movie I have ever seen! Talk about cult mind control. These people are raping these kids. No other way to put it.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

They were actually comparing themselves to Muslims and talking about creating a Gods army of kids and that these kids should die for Jesus

• yknot
    yknot

Charismatics........

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Luckily this camp was closed because of this movie. Seems that most people didn't like what they were doing so much.

Kwin

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I was watching it on DVD at home a few months back. My wife walked in the door when I was about 20 minutes in. She could tell immediately that I was agitated & angry. She actually told me that "it's just a movie, why get so worked up?". I started it over from the beginning for her, & before long, she was ranting & raving right along with me.

Absolutley dispicable & terrifying.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Here's a 7 minute YouTube interview with the two New York-based (I think) female co-directors. One was raised Jewish, the other Catholic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWFBfh7gmZc

What I enjoyed about the movie was that the directors really tried hard to not have it be "evangelical bashing". This quote encapsulates their goal:

"Your world view will determine the lens through which you see this film."

In many ways, the Evangelicals portrayed in the movie are more extreme than JWs, but there are a few areas where JWs get the prize for most wacko, IMO. (DFing and Blood spring to mind.)

OM

• Dagney
    Dagney

I know.

Creepy huh.

• reniaa
    reniaa

they certainly make the camp kiddy focussed in it's direction, the scene at the end of youtube with them all having fun and dancing in a way you would find at any childrens party hmmm that put me off a bit.

• by grace
    by grace
    They were actually comparing themselves to Muslims and talking about creating a Gods army of kids and that these kids should die for Jesus

It reminds me of how the WTS teaches the women to be a strong army for Jehovah. They are going for the ones that they can bring in and get them to do the most work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit