My personal "Alamo"

by Lee Elder 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Lee Elder,
    Thanks for sharing and for the courage of standing up and being counted. Since the District Overseer sided with you and your written protest was (excuse the word) vindicated by his intervention, it's hard to imagine that you weren't considered a local hero. Most of the locals must have detested the Circuit Overseer, so why would they look askance at you? Just wondering.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Room215:
    Stand out as differant and they'll soon "look askance".
    Few like the winners in these kind of battles, unless they have the courage of their convictions.
    It never ceases to amaze me how many are yes men.
    They'll agree privately, but come the meeting, they shuffle down in their seats. I've seen this in elders and C.O.'s alike.
    Sad, sad, sad.

Once you stand out as having any balls, you then need to be doubly paranoid that they don't frame you for something to get you ousted.
    Once you're ousted from the body, they can trample you like the rest of the downtrodded sheep.

Am I coming over as bitter???
    Hmmm, how strange!

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Lee and others,

The stories you tell bring back memories.
    I was an elder from 82 to 95?. I resigned when my faith was dying in the Organization due to all the BS from the WT.
    Still felt it was God's Org. but had very little respect in my heart for men in leadership positions.
    It took me serveral years after my resignation to see how duped I was.

It was a very painfull process, to get my mind to see it.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Room 215 said:

"Thanks for sharing and for the courage of standing up and being counted. Since the District Overseer
    sided with you and your written protest was (excuse the word) vindicated by his intervention,
    it's hard to imagine that you weren't considered a local hero. Most of the locals must
    have detested the Circuit Overseer, so why would they look askance at you? Just wondering."

I was very popular with the sisters and those who had been mistreated. They were not the
    source of my difficulties. It was the "organization men" and hardliners who turned their sites
    on me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit