Blood doctrine not preached in Bulgaria?

by song19 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• song19
    song19

I was reviewing the following youtube video about the blood issue with JW’s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptqZ3KtbUNI

At around 2 minutes the issue arose about how JWs were able to become a registered church in Bulgaria… that the JWs agreed not to preach the blood doctrine. Does anyone know if this is true and if there is any proof published and where I can get my hands on it? :)

• momzcrazy
  • blondie
  • seeking help
    seeking help

I know this makes no sence, but my wife says she will leave the JW's if they somehow change the blood thing. she believes that its "in the bible". i tried to allpy reason, but that didnt work very well, does anyone think they may totally flip on this.. I HOPE SO !!!!!!

• megawatt
    megawatt

wow-

Went ahead and saved the link for the youtube video. Love to see how the JW's answer this one...

Stupid me, I know the answer already. "I have no love in my heart" and I haven't given enough time for the LITE to sink in to grasp the understanding...

• yknot
    yknot

ahhh 1997 was a beautiful year.....

I get to claim in-step with legal but running ahead of writing and service.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is directly because of the Bulgarian issue that blood transfusions are no longer a difellowshipping issue. Since the Bugarian compromise a person who has a transfusion automatically disassociates themselves. A minor technicality that allows (somewhat illogically) the WTS to say their members have freedom of choice in the blood issue.

Seeking help - do the changes offend your wife. For instance they used to be adamant fractions were wrong, now they are not:

"If you have reason to believe that a certain product contains blood or a blood fraction…if the label says that certain tablets contain hemoglobin…this is from blood...a Christian knows, without asking, that he should avoid such a preparation. Watchtower 1961 November 1 p.669

Whether whole or fractional, one's own or someone else's, transfused or injected, it is wrong.” Watchtower 1961 Sep. 15 p.559

NOW - "...when it comes to fractions of any of the primary components, each Christian, after careful and prayerful meditation, must conscientiously decide for himself." Watchtower 2000 June 15 pp.29-31

Also look at the section on Pikuach Nefesh at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/blooddoctrine.htm Jesus showed that saving a life is more important that adhering to the Mosaic Law. That article also goes through the changes regarding vaccinations, transplants and blood, maybe your wife will be shocked to see these is not already aware of them.

I think this is an important question "Since blood fractions are now allowed, who is responsible for the JWs that died refusing blood fractions?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit