Someone please help me out on this one. Are JW's allowed to help....

by jetery 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• jetery
    jetery

anyone who is D'Fed(like me- dont miss it) or disassociated,etc who may be in dire need. I know that when u are disfellowshipped u are not allowed to associate with anyone who is a witness and they are suppose to shun u the rest of your life until u come to your "senses". But anyway what i want to know is if Im on the side of the road bleeding to death and one of JW recognize will they stop and help me or anyone for that matter.Even when i was in the "truth" i always wondered about that since they are not supposed to have any contact with u. Where do they draw the line when it comes to shunning people? Does it cover all aspects even to the point of not helping someone who is dying? If thats true then thats a sad excuse for a Christian.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

People are people. Some JW's will not stop to help anyone who is not a member.
    Some will stop to help anyone at all because they (the JW) are a good person.

There is a portion of them that would recognize you and deliberately not stop to
    provide aid. It is sad.

These are just my opinions, but I would stand by them. It doesn't really answer
    your question, except to say that the odds increase that they would not help a
    DF'ed one.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

This is just another factual part of JWism.

It shows how really unkind they actually are.

No form of humanity except for themselves.

• sacolton
    sacolton

JWs can't even have lunch with someone who is DA/DF.

There was one time that I approached a brother at the bulletin board who just lost his mother and I went to tell him how sorry I was to hear the news. No more than 30 seconds pass and I get a hand on my shoulder and ushered into the backroom and told that the brother was disfellowshipped and I was to have NO CONTACT with him.

Christian attitudes? Nothing of the sort.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i doubt they are DISallowed to render assistance, just some take themselves and the crueler aspects of their belief system to ridiculous extremes

• deelly_mg
    deelly_mg

Okay this is a while back when all the apostate stuff and the da/df policies were being "renewed by new light (aka the flickering lightbulb complete with clap-on clap-off)"...

As far as I know if you did see a da/df'd person in trouble on the side of the road you could in fact help... it was a "matter of conscience"... however once the person was on your vehicle you could not speak to them other than to ask what, where and when...or how far to take them... I remember the pious face of my mother saying, of course, it'd be inhuman not to aid someone in need... when the week before she would'nt have helped... at all. So it really depends on the flickering light bulb and what the latest new light dictates...

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would think JWs are allowed to help disfellowshipped person bleeding to death.... They will not get in trouble with that, that would be gifts of mercy.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Based on what I know from my 35yr association with the org, the simple answer to your question is 'yes', but as was brought out by another poster some choose not to do so.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I can not imagine not stopping to help anyone in dire need, witness or not. To not help would be inhumane, what would Jesus do?

If someone would choose not to help I would refer to them as a hate monger. "In what way does the love of God remain in you"; Jesus said.

Cheers!

Hope4others

• yknot
    yknot

Emergencies and association are two different things.

Besides if you are in the hospital or had a near death experience, what better time for Elders to drop by and check on you 'spiritually'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit