My Elder Dad said "what changes"

by Champion 13 Replies latest jw friends

• recovering
    recovering

I have stopped believing what the jws taught me in my youth for many years now. I survived abusive jw parents, elders, and my guilt for not believing what i was raised to believe. I watched my brother die because he would not accept a transfusion. I am now alienated from my family and feel very alone right now. Thank god i found this sight, at least some of you understand how damaging membership in this organazation truly is.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

B_Deserter quote: "Arguing with a Jehovah's Witness is hard because you first have to teach them what their religion teaches."

Oh my gods, that's GOOD.

Oh, and hello and welcome, Recovering.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Welcome to the site, recovering. So sorry to hear about your brother. I have one and can't imagine what it would be like to lose him because of the cult. Well done for rescuing yourself, and all the best with your continual recovery.

If you'd like to post an introductory topic do, of course, feel free.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I have stopped believing what the jws taught me in my youth for many years now. I survived abusive jw parents, elders, and my guilt for not believing what i was raised to believe. I watched my brother die because he would not accept a transfusion. I am now alienated from my family and feel very alone right now. Thank god i found this sight, at least some of you understand how damaging membership in this organazation truly is.

welcome Recovery! yes there are many here can understand the isolation and heartache you feel. Please start a new thread in "friends" and introduce yourself........ we love to meet new friends! And around here you are among friends... Still...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit