Any Lawyers here?

by dwtnphotog 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• llbh
    llbh

If the will was probated i would imagine that like here there will be state records that are available.

Also contact your uncle and ask gently what the situation is with regards to the estate

david

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

if you start there the clerk can tell you the name of the estate attorney then you can contact him directly.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Thanks! I'll see what I can do and I'll keep you updated.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

It might be worth it to contact your own counsel, they should have notified you by now, at least to name heirs and court date hearings, if your uncle is doing something underhanded then you have a right to expose and get what is righfully yours.

• restrangled
    restrangled

He has to do as the Will says, but your state takes over if it the money was not in a Trust, (which avoids probate with your state.) He will also get paid has handler of the estate.

The state has Probate attorneys that settle all accounts, charge their fees, and only then do the heirs get their money. Some one may leave $10,000.00 but wait until the attorneys get done with their take. If you dare make a phone call they charge by the minute!

I was in the personal injury business as a legal secretary here in Florida. When a child was hurt, it took years to settle the account with the state and their Probate attorneys. Of course, the attorneys who referred the cases also "got their beaks wet"

I'll never forget the meeting we had with probate attorneys handling wills for kids or adult children. They actually joked about encouraging phone calls so they could charge by the minute! They talked about dragging things out as long as possible to continue collecting fees. The attorney was laughing her hind off ........... I left the field shortly after.

For any of you wanting to leave money to anyone, put it in a Living trust.....untouchable by state Probate attorneys.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit