Communicating With The Dead

by choosing life 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• choosing life
    choosing life

I studied in the "truth" book back in the 70's. When we were talking about why it was wrong to communicate with the dead, the study conductor said it was because they were really demons posing as dead persons. He also said that it would be mean on God's part if the dead were really still alive and God refused any communication with them.

Does anyone else remember this teaching or was it just something made up by the study conductor? At the same time, they were teaching that the "annointed" were resurrected to heaven around 1914/1919. So, by their own teachings, they were admitting that some of the departed were alive, but still couldn't be communicated with. I don't know why I didn't catch that back then?

Anyone else remember this teaching? I can't find my old "truth" book. I saved my original copy as it had a lot of notes that show how I felt at the time.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yes, they still teach that the spirits of the dead are actually demons - pretending to be dead people. The dead are conscious of nothing - asleep.

However since 1914 the anointed are in heaven - so I guess they're the only humans who are in spirit form.

All of this is total rubbish BTW

Sirona

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I remember this teaching, as i have dabbled with ouija boards when i was a kid. It really took the shine off the event.

Paul

• choosing life
    choosing life

Did they actually teach that it would be mean on god's part to communicate with resurrected ones?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I can't remember that one, just that it was the demons acting as dead people.

Paul

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

What the hell was that kid seeing in that movie The Sixth Sense, I always knew Bruce Willis was a demon, no wonder why Demi left him for Ashton

• hybridous
    hybridous

I remember this teaching, as i have dabbled with ouija boards when i was a kid. It really took the shine off the event.

Paul

Hi there,

I was puzzled by this comment, and I can't discern your original intent of meaning. Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'really took the shine off'' means?

Thanks,

hybridous

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I would almost give my firstborn to talk to someone who could really do this!!

• Sirona
    Sirona

People who can talk to the dead do exist.

IMHO

SIrona

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Sirona:

People who can talk to the dead do exist.

Absolutely. Anybody can talk to the dead. Of course the dead, being dead, never talk back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit