The End of Circuit Overseers

by scotsman 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scotsman
    scotsman

is indeed apparently nigh as another poster predicted along with the end of the weekly BS. Not sure when this should take place but I'm reliably informed by a family member that one of the UK's overseers was talking about it fairly recently. Reduced to weekend visits by an outside but local elder instead.

I have no further info.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Interesting but as always it's best to be circumspect until this is confirmed.

Thanks scotsman

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

WOW....thanks for more confirmation about the end of CO's. What the hell are they going to do now?? They don't have jobs or skills....neither do their wives! Will they just set up permanent residence the in allotted Kingdom Hall apartments? Who now will the kiss-ass's of the congregation suck up to now?!

• blondie
    blondie

In this area there are 2 brothers who function as substitute COs when he is on vacation, conducting the pioneer school, going to "training" at headquarters, or is sick. Many congregations may have a visit by the "regular" CO only once a year.

The WTS has also had a hard time recruiting new COs and DOs to replace the aging population. The last 2 in this area were Bethelites that had been laid off. I can see the circuit assembly being reduced to one day like the "special day" assembly.

Blondie

• sir82
    sir82

If true, then strongly indicates the real reason behind cutting out the Book Study. With one less meeting night per week, visits can be condensed into a weekend, thus eliminating "official" CO position, which means:

1) Saves $$$

2) Cuts ties between the local congregations / BOEs and the "mother" organization, reducing legal liability.

Downside for the GB is, less control over the congregations. But it seems fear of lawsuits is stronger than the desire to maintain tight control.

Changes have been coming really fast lately, I would expect them to give the congregations a chance to breathe a bit. Again if true, I would expect this to be announced no earlier than 2010, maybe late 2009.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Maybe "Circuit Leasing" can have a big Buick sale here in the USA?

Hill

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Wow! With this news the end is very near!!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

If you had a great character for a CO then this was always a real shot in the arm with regards to ones 'spirituality' and something to look forward to.

Another case of the Society getting rid of all the best stuff that started with the doing away of the food at assemblies - the fun seems to be rapidly waning in this cult.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

What grand streamlining from Jah!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Would save them alot of hassle....since C.O's are watchtower employee's the can get compensation and sue the society for injuries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit