A kind response to Jim Penton & Ros of Channel C

by Amazing 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• binadub
    binadub

Ruth:

But you are the one saying that posts are deleted from the board at will, so I assume you must know this to be he case.

What has been deleted? Discussion of Catholicism?
    Amazing says no mention of Catholicism is allowed.
    Are posts deleted that mention Catholicism?

Bin

• besty
    besty
    It is JWD board members commenting and replying between one another ... so I fail to see any issue.

I might suggest a new thread in the appropriate category and we can all chip in. Otherwise email or blog would be a good solution?

• NanaR
    NanaR

Bin:

You have a pm.

Ruth

• binadub
    binadub

Ruth:

So do I understand that the deletions were across the board and not just Catholics or Catholic threads?

Bin

• NanaR
    NanaR

bin:

I suggested that the Administrator delete a post that contained information contained in a private email. I do not question that Ms. CCAdmin has the right to run her forum however she chooses. I stated that I did not agree with the posting of a private email on a public board. That the email has been posted and that it was a private communication has not been contested by CCAdmin. That is my entire point.

Ruth

ps: In the interest of peace, I have edited my original post to remove the language you seem to find so contentious. In the interest of justice, I still cry "foul" on the use of private communication on a public board.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What exactly is Channel C and what is their agenda?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Besty,

I might suggest a new thread in the appropriate category and we can all chip in. Otherwise email or blog would be a good solution?

Well, I have been on the JWD forum for years ... and a moderator for a couple of years untl about a year ago or so ... I just cannot think of any particular category for this one outside of the "Friends" which I used. You all can "chip in" any time and any category you wish. I need not start a new thread. Email will not do as the comments started in public and deserve to be responded in public. I do not have any blog ... and the solution I chose is the best.

Thanks though for your thoughts,

Jim W.

Junction Guy: Channel C was started by Ros for "scholarly" discussions of Christian issues among JWs and former JWs. Unlike the open registration of JWD, Ros invites people she knows and trusts to participate on her forum. It has worked fairl well ... until tension grew over discussions that involved Catholicism. While some scholarly individuals are there, some have gone, and some are not careful academics ... but it still functions somewhat in line with its original mission.

Jim W.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So is this group made up of religiously diverse people? Is it mainly a born again group? Or is it a JW knockoff? Sorry, just a few more questions.

• binadub
    binadub

Ruth:

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but if the private post would have to be deleted on the other forum, then this wouldn't this whole thread have to be deleted by a moderator too?

Off hand, I didn't see anything in the email of an extreme privacy nature.
    Was the writer really super offended about it?

It seems like there is some kind of a competition going on.

Bin

• toreador
    toreador

Hello Vinoverita (James Caputo)

Its really nice to see you joined the forum! ChannelC seems to be an exclusive forum for a group of people with similar mindsets and was never intended, from what I gather from the array of regular forum participants, to be open to everyone who pops in off the street such as JWD is. Hell, JWD even let me apply and receive membership.

I seem to remember when the board was almost shut down and in all fairness to the ChannelC forum administrator, you (there were others, but you seemed to be the ringleader and seemed to have 24 hrs a day to devote to promoting Catholicism), literally took the board over, posting veritable reams of material in each post, quoting extensively from the church fathers and Catholic literature, and this with multiple posts a day, everyday.

So much so, that nothing else was even discussed. From what I remember, you were given ample time to make your point and kindly asked to refrain from insisting everyone acqueisce to your way of thinking. In other words, you insisted on it being your way or the highway. You were asked several times to tone down the diatribes and you simply put up a blind eye to the repeated requests, even poking fun at the admins attempts to quell the runaway Catholicism freight train. You seemed to be like a JW elder on a roll in a judicial committee meeting, so cocksure of himself that the party under interrogation was guilty, and that by God you were going to beat it out of them till they folded. At least that was my impression from reading "some'"of your material. (Noone could have possibly read it all) ;-)

Of course that was some time ago and I have slept since then. I bet you never took no for an answer at the door back in your JW field service days either.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit