Email to JW wife...

by kzjw 15 Replies latest jw friends

• by grace
    by grace

kzjw, Does your wife have any doubts about the WTS at all? Are there any issues that have gone on in the Kingdom Hall, with Elders or other JW's? Has she seen any of the stuff that previous JW's have written in books? I'm looking for something you can build on.

BTW, my husband and I both became JWs and left the JWs at the same time. We were in it for 10 years.

I was the one that came across the information online about things that the WTS was doing....like the WTS having UN membership, the stuff about the JWs in Mexico that were told they could bribe the officials for their national membership cards while the JWs in Malawi were being killed because they refused to pay the tax that would provide them with a national identity card.....hence the "Crisis of Conscience" book written by Ray Franz. I also showed my husband some information from the book, "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse" and the book "Combatting Cult Mind Control." Because of all the things my husband and I had seen and heard over the years, and the things I showed to him, we both left it....together, thank goodness!!!

Have you researched how the WTS is a cult? If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know, I'd be glad to help in any way possible.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    All I can say is Jehovah revealed himself to some of the first century christians, not in a literal sense, but in talking to them like Adam,Moses,Abraham. Today we have the Faithful and Distreet Slave Class who supply us with spiritual food (Matt chapter 24)

This is the key problem here...

But don't know what to tell you to overcome the blind faith in the FDS... Maybe aske her to explain how Jehovah communicates with the FDS? And then share the W07 QFR that shows that the anointed have no special insight?

A@G

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Do something kind for her tonight - Make dinner, do the dishes, buy some fresh flowers, something to just let her know that you appreciate HER. Tell her you will refrain from criticizing her beliefs.

Back off on anything disparaging of the WTS. Give her the space she needs to find her peace again. If she can't find peace in her/your shared home, she will leave.

Make your house a place you both love being at together.

Find fun things for the two of you to do. When the time is right, she will bring up the subject again. If you say anything sooner than she's ready to accept it, she will just pull away and cling tighter to the JWs.

Right now I don't think she would feel the least bit comfortable telling you about any doubts or criticisms she may have of the org. You need to let her get to a place where she feels comfortable again. And when she does, you need to keep quiet and just let her talk.

-Aude.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Are ya'll seperated? Not living in the same home? Is this why you are communicating with your wife via email?

Back off a lot. When she is getting ready for meetings help her out. Especially if you have kids. Clean up while she's gone. And, if you have kids, help get them ready for bed when she gets home. Then spend a bit of time together.

If you're going to meeting on Sunday with her, go to luch afterwards and maybe a nice nap *wink wink*. Maybe grill out that night.

Keep it cool buddy. It's clear to me you love her, make it clear to her.

momz

• carla
    carla

It is not unusual to have jw/non jw discussions via email with your spouse, been there and so have many jw/ubm relationships. Reason being is they turn into fights that go in circles and as you all know jw's change the subject nearly every other sentence so you can never stay on topic. Sounds like she is determined to do this no matter what it does to the marriage. I'm sorry, I know how that feels too. I don't think mine is really supposed to talk to me about jw things, though from my experience and that of some other ubm's I know, they can only go a few months without having an all dayer. They get to count time with us I think.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    It is not unusual to have jw/non jw discussions via email with your spouse, been there and so have many jw/ubm relationships.

My husband and I still do better over the phone, not face to face. Maybe the same premise?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit