Me and My Big Fat Mouth

by horrible life 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• horrible life
    horrible life

Hi everybody!!! Got to share an experience. Because of HIPPA rules, at my place of employment, I have to choose my words carefully.

A large, boisterous, and talkative lady, was... shall we say near me, and we talked. The time was between 8;00 am and 5;00 pm, if you get my drift.

People are always asking me, how I got to very rural Southeast Oklahoma, from the large city 225 miles to the North. I told her, which side of the big city I was raised in. She knew that area!! And it's adjoining neighborhoods. She mentioned a last name, and I bit. OMG!!!! Me and my huge mouth!!!!!

I immediately said "Leroy??" Her eyes got big, and she started naming others. I was in so deep, at this point, I thought "What the Hell!". She knew most all I named off. She asked me how I knew all of these people. I said my parents used to be JW's. (they still are) Oh, the questions that followed!

Was I a JW? Oh NO, I said, I like celebrating Christmas too much! That kinda appeased her. I started downplaying our involvement in the JW's. Saying it didn't last long. I left out that my father was the first PO, and was a big shot, and wrote the newspaper stories about conventions etc... and was one of the most respected elders in the Circuit.

She then tells me, that Leroy is her Brother in Law. I knew he left our cong. to be a CO. She told me, that he is now a CO in ?? Carolina. He and his STILL lovely wife, vacations with them, on their property, 25 miles from my home, and due to be in next month. n rural Oklahoma! OMG

She asks again, before she leaves, what my last name was, also she is trying to remember a brand name of an item to get at the store. I then realize, that she can't remember crap. I may have been given a break!! Since Leroy is coming soon, she can't wait to tell him.

A little more, in a minute

• horrible life
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I had something similar happen to me the other day at work, I met someone that was from Eastern Kentucky and l will leave it at that. Mine wasn't JW related though.

It is a small world out there.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'd hug you and take you for a late night coffee if I was in OK. It's not your mouth with the problem. It's the lady with the brainwash who has the problem. And I bet her big fat mouth will be running.

By the way, I have size six feet and that's a good thing because they spend a lot of time in my mouth, often both at the same time.

• horrible life
    horrible life

She leaves, and I have a bad gut feeling for the next week. I can't shrug it off.

The next week, I find that her 2 sons, are coming to the same place, where I talked to their mother. I was not in a position to talk to them. (Thank Goodness)

She is the same age I am, but I swear, that she looks 20 years older.

I made the mistake though, of walking in her line of site. She told me, that her wonderful sons were in the building, she wanted me to meet them, and

She brought her CAMERA, so she could take a picture of me. (No WAY) I shy-ed away and said I took horrible pictures. She admitted that she forgot my name, and What was it again?

Since she looks so much older that I, and I didn't tell her how old I was, I told her my maiden name, and that it was too bad my "Grandparents" couldn't meet back up with them, but it was just too far, for my Grandparents to come, for they are getting up in age. I told her to tell them, that I am sure that Grand-PA, would love to say hi, and I would tell Grandpa, I met her.

So... maybe she will remember the grandparent bit, and Leroy will think, that I am a grandchild, not the little blonde girl, he knew and loved.

I am not in any kind of position, that I could tell her, I am an apostate. I would probably lose my job.

Funny, I asked about him, on the Bethel thread. TMS knew him very well.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/136771/2438158/post.ashx#2438158 My question

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/136771/2439844/post.ashx#2439844 TMS's reply

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thanks Junction Guy, It is a very small world.

Flying HIgh, I sure do wish you were near. I would take you up on the offer, but I would make it a Diet Coke. I am sure that the grapevine is being lit up. This lady knew everybody. Even the old boyfriend from post #1-5. She spoke of him fondly, I said I knew his sisters. He has 5 kids, and isn't a JW, and his legs are even more bow legged then ever. I told her nothing. But I felt like I was going to get sick. I had lunch right afterwards, and I just went to my office, and closed the door, and shut off the light, instead of eating.

My head was spinning.

I can easily see the phone chain, in my mind, of how she and Leroy will start calling my parents.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

HL, you won't lose your job will you? Do your parents know you are out?

• horrible life
    horrible life

My parents know that I don't go anymore. That I celebrate all holidays. They don't know that I a full blown apostate.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Sorry about the empty spaces. It has been a few weeks since I was here.

No, I won't lose my job. If I would have told her my views, I would lose it. We aren't to talk religion, or politics. I work on tribal land, and for the federal government. So I had to watch what I said.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

HL, don't let yourself spiral. What's the worst thing that come from this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit