Please help me figure out my dreams

by Socrateswannabe 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Hi everyone, this may be the stupidest post ever. I am stumped for an answer and would love to hear your opinions, though. Every week or two for the last couple of years, I have a dream--or at least that's what I'm calling it--that consists of me waking up or thinking that I've waked up, and seeing the ceiling of my darkened bedroom filled with algebraic equations. It looks like something from Albert Einstein's chalkboard, except that the figures are swirling around the room and they are always in bright, neon green. It seems to last for a minute or two after I "wake up", and then it fades to black. I was for the most part a complete dolt in public school and at university I took only rudimentary math courses, so it's not like I'm dreaming about something that I am familiar with.

Thirty years ago when I was a true believer, my naive self would have attributed this to an apparition caused by demons. At least I've learned that's not a possibility. But I do wonder where this comes from. Do our brains have the ability to imprint things that we've seen but have no understanding of, and involuntarily recall them in this way?

If you think I'm crazy I won't deny that as a possibility, so don't hold back!

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    Also, please share any similar experiences you have had.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    There is a book called 3rd circle theory. A good self reflective look at pursuing passion.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Do our brains have the ability to imprint things that we've seen but have no understanding of, and involuntarily recall them in this way?

Yes.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I am no expert. I also have dreams full of wacky images. But I have found that often the way our conscious mind interprets the contents is often more telling than the symbols themselves. You said, "It looks like something from Albert Einstein's chalkboard". They could have come from anywhere but you tagged them as from A. Einstein. It could be as simple as you watched a bio on him or read something about him and it was incorporated by your mind into your dream. What does Einstein mean to you? You mentioned that you "wake up" in your dream though you haven't awakened. When you awaken in your dream it fades to black. So there's an element worth looking at. What does fading to black indicate for you? Give it some thought. Sometimes I wake up laughing at dreams I've had. Good luck!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

You might be a lucid dreamer. Don't worry about the contents or meaning of the dreams just the intensity. Maybe it's your mind telling you that you should go back to school.

You may want to try this product and take your experiences further.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Your brain stores everything you have ever seen or experienced. These memories are all stored there and when you dream your mind creates narratives from all your life experiences, ideas, emotions, and memories. For many people they dream about something they were recently thinking about or experienced, but for the most part your brain creates random narratives from your memories. This is normal and they have no universal or deeper meaning. Your brain is one of the most complex engines that exists. Random dreams are part of the normal lifecycle of REM sleep.

You're reading too much into what you're experiencing. Just because you cannot recall memories or experiences while you are conscious does not mean they are not all still stored in your brain.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    Thank you everyone. I appreciate all of the suggestions. Is there anyone besides me that has had this sort of experience?
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I've had a couple of lucid dreams. last one I woke up in a small darkish room in a single bed and knew it wasn't real I called my wife and she answered me from beyond the closed blackish bedroom door and wanted me to join her. I declined as I knew it wasn't real and felt I shouldn't. had a little difficulty getting back.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Ucantnome: "I declined as I knew it wasn't real and felt I shouldn't. had a little difficulty getting back."

If you ever have that dream again don't decline. How "real' the dream is is not relevant it's the meaning that counts. That's your subconscious trying to tell you something.

If you were in a single bed it implies that you weren't sleeping with your wife. Her calling out to you might have something to do with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit