Bethelite auto mechanics????

by asilentone 12 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Where do Bethel workers get their cars fixed? Do the Bethelite mechanics fix it for free? Just wondering.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Yes, a guy from my congregation went to Bethel to serve as an auto mechanic. I got the impression there aren't a lot of them, he was treated like a super-star with reference to his wrench-turning abilities. (that could have been that the was the only Bethelite our dub club produced as far as I know).

• Highlander
    Highlander
    he was treated like a super-star with reference to his wrench-turning abilities.

Woe to the j-dub auto mechanic. Great pains and distressed vehicles will be brought to you from congregation members. You must repair them for free or suffer the wrath of jehovah!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Yep, a young Maltese brother served in Sydney Bethel as the unpaid mechanic for many years.

Pope

• TheListener
    TheListener

The Farm and the Brooklyn have auto repair shops. The Farm also has a repair shop for 18 wheelers. These are used primarly to maintain the Society's pool of cars but can also be used to repair bethelite cars, either by themselves on a Friday or Saturday evening or by appointment. The farm also has an automobile paint shop and body repair facility.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The Lord has spoken! Come hither and fix mine chariot! It is a privelege to repair the chariot of an elitist governing body stooge. Come and grease thy hands and caress my undercarriage simple-minded one......

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

well no wonder do you see the pictures in the publications Jehovah is always destroying a Buick why the hell would you want to keep company with something that jehobah is going to destroy.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Good grief - with all their money, can't they just take their cars and trucks to the dealership or an independent garage like everybody else? Sort of like that nonsense about growing their own food on the farm - I bet they really buy most of the food at the farmers market.

I well remember being shocked out of my socks when I was in Pittsburgh Pa for cong overseer school back in about 1970 and saw instructor A. Shroeder drive up in a brand-new Buick Electra 225. We asked him if that was his car and he smoothly replied "well, the Society has a pool of vehicles that we can use if we need". Right. But not Bethel newbie Joe Blow, I took it...

• Honesty
    Honesty

I understand that former JW Bethelite elder and convicted pedophile Jesus Cano was a major player in the Farm's garage.

• sspo
    sspo

Bethelites used to pay .19 cents for labor + parts to have their cars worked on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit