How Were You Treated as a Jehovah's Witness if You Had Depression ?

by flipper 49 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

PAUL- Yeah, it's ridiculous - they try to make us feel guilty about everything ! They'd make us feel guilty about using the restroom if they could ! Oh, wait. They did do that to us as well during meetings - making us feel guilty for going potty during the intermission ! Man ! Are these guys controlling , or what ? LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, great comments everyone. Someday I'll tell my story.

I just wanted to add how guilty the bOrg is for creating depression by giving FALSE PROPHECY & FALSE HOPE !!! I feel that the greatest cause of my depression was that 'my loving god' was going to murder billions of people in cold blood if I don't get out and preach. Oh yes, these last days are tough, but the 'New World' is sooooo close and will fix all the problems. Isn't that great? Oh yeah, but God'll kill billions of innocent people so that you can have a pet tiger. Oh, and if you don't preach, pray, attend meeting enough, God will kill you too. But cheer up, the 'paradise' is soooo close, it's only a few days, or maybe a hundred years away. Keep your life 'on hold' waiting for the big A. Any day now... or not. Death, destruction, mayhem, and a pet tiger. And you'll get to see your dead loved ones again, unless they secretly sinned or god just didn't like them, then you won't, but you might. Just hang on a little looonger.

Who wouldn't get depressed if they really are paying close attention to the message.

B the X

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hilarious & very sad, Billy-the-Ex.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Holy Crap Billy!

I never knew someone felt the same way as I did!!

Part of me always felt blackmailed by the truth.

• flipper
    flipper

BILLY the ex BETHELITE- Yeah Billy, you are so right. I mean , jeez, who wouldn't be depressed with all the lies and BS we were all fed for years in the witness organization ? I bet even the governing body members are depressed nothing has happened yet - but to save face to the rank and file members- they'll never show it publicly. They'd lose their unholy empire if the truth really came out !

OPEN MIND- Billy's cool isn't he ?

PAUL- That is one thing you will find here on JWD that is so good in dealing with depression- lots of our folks here have been through so many rejections themselves - it's a total support board for understanding one another

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

B the X, one of my new favorite posters,

And you'll get to see your dead loved ones again, unless they secretly sinned or god just didn't like them, then you won't, but you might. Just hang on a little looonger.

Who wouldn't get depressed if they really are paying close attention to the message.

Or they didn't show up to clean the kingdom hall when it was their turn.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

MaNy Jws suffer dempression. AS a mattr of fact many people in general suffer from some form of depression.

• flipper
    flipper

FLYING HIGH NOW- Yeah, I always got depressed when it was our turn to clean the kingdom hall . Like I really wanted to do it- as I did it 40 hours a week for a living all the time anyway. What a thrill.

FISHERMAN- Yes, indeed many people suffer from depression - and it helps such ones when people are compassionate and understanding of it - when they acknowledge it to ones suffering from it. I agree very much

• brokenperfection
    brokenperfection

Simply, you get treated like a peice of shit.

• flipper
    flipper

BROKEN PERFECTION- I agree , people who are depressed in the organization do get treated like a piece of $hit. Maybe worse. At least $hit gets enough attention to get wiped. Some of our depressed friends don't even get that much attention ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit