JWs Stopped By Today....

by Monica 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Well done – it is rather good fun having JW’s call on you isn’t it??

I had two JW’s call on me 3 months ago. It was Saturday morning magazine service.

I answered the door, they offered the mags, I accepted, they turned to leave. But then the conversation went (something) like this:

Me: I think religion is awful and the cause of all the problems today. In fact I know one religion that orders it members to shun those who no longer believe the same that they do. AND they will let their children die rather than accept a blood transfusion. That isn’t Christian, it is not showing love. I think they stink!!

JWs: Well there is a reason why we refuse blood. The Bible instructs us to abstain from blood. I have a brochure that discusses the blood issue – perhaps you would like to read it?

Me: (Accepting brochure) Yes I know in Acts that it says to abstain from blood, as a means of telling the first century Christians how precious LIFE is. Ie don’t go killing each other in the area for sport. But that doesn’t mention anything about not using blood for medical purposes to save a persons life. To back your claim up, In your blood brochure (I said waving the brochure around), you quote Tertullian who says about those who took the blood of those who had been slaughtered in the ring, and took it to cure their epilepsy. But I think you will find that blood donor sessions are more civilised nowadays. You won’t find people slaughtered outside donor vans, just so their blood can be used to save other peoples lives.

JWs: You seem to know quite a bit about it. Have you ever studied with us?

Me: You could say I have had dealings with JWs in the past. (20 years in the org/ exhusband and inlaws are JW, my parents were JW (dad ex-elder)!!).

As the conversation went on I let them have more info about me, ie husband left me etc etc, so it got to the point 2 minutes later when one of them :

JWs: Is your name ****? (They got it spot on – I had obviously been the hot topic for gossip in the circuit – fame at last!!)

As soon as they had worked out who I was they asked for the literature back (I refused to give it back), and then defeated they (almost) ran towards the gate. I thanked them for letting me have fun with them, and left with the parting shot:

“Well at least you can put 2 magazines and 1 brochure down on your report this morning”.

Interestingly enough – they haven’t made a return visit to find out what I though of the literature!!

Nowfree

• Simon
    Simon

Way to go Monica!

You never know what effect the things you said will have... they may go and think about what you said - I know, I did and now look at me!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

They demanded the literature returned, Nowfree? What a hide! LOL You should have demanded the part of your life the Dubs stole from you back!

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Stephanus -

Yes they did ask for the literature back. I refused to return it as i thought it would come in useful in a court case i am currently involved in. I was right!!

The expression "Hoist by their own petard" comes to mind!!

Nowfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit