An Elder Called Me Yesterday

by snowbird 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

SNOWBIRD- It sounds like your friend has a real " authentic" personality as opposed to having mainly a witness "cult" personality. It is great that you let him know you care for him, love him. He probably never hears that hardly ever in the JW organization ! I hope he gets out with his family too in time ! Good job sis ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ninja
    ninja

sylv.....what a blessing that he knows he can talk to you....help him sis....ninja

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree that the knee jerk responses can be quite insensitive.

In my case I suffered a breakdown in '95. One elders response was it was due to my credit cards getting maxed out. (I was doing well financially and it irked a number of people).

In another case I knew a brother who began suffering terrible migraines. He ws approached by an elder who asked if he had anything to confess about.

Nice stuff? ya u bet.

Keep talking to that elder. U find him here some day.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Back problems are a bear...I know I can't complain as much as some of you, but they're a pain no matter what. Good thing this elder has a real friend in you, snowbird. His "true Christian" friends are stabbing him in the back.

• Vincent
    Vincent

If an elder called on my flat one 1 night like he did when I did leave the organisation, I wasnt nice to him as such in a polite way after doing a little talk, I had to kick him out this was b4 I was going very hateful and aggressive to the JW's. Future JW are banned from bothering me or I can swear at as I do plenty of that in my life them luckly I am not like I used to be towards them, its probley the body recovering from damnaged caused by them which was me going very violent towards the JW's. In the past I never hit a JW cos I was lucky not to have 1 bothering me again.

• Vincent
    Vincent

After reading the post bit more, Im Glad the elder is good friends to u and he too gets stabbed in the back but I would be careful as he was getting stabbed in the back by the witnesses, they too may spy on him, this is 1 thing I found ridiculas about the WatchTower Organisation they seem to go against each other when it comes to disfellowshipping and etc and same goes for getting disfellowshipped for being raped I had heard this in real life as well and do speak to an ex Jehovahs Witnesses as she was helping me through the Stress. After reasearching on the Post Cult Trauma Syndrome as I and a lot of people never heard of and I belive I went through. I heard of this when I saw this on you tube, this clip was more on the mind control.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks to all who responded.

JWD is a good place to be.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit