An Elder Called Me Yesterday

by snowbird 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

afternoon around 5 pm.

He just wanted me to know that he was thinking of and praying for me.

He said he was a bit down himself because of back problems and insensitive gossip about his problem.

I expressed my dismay over conditions in the organization and he agreed that something is terribly wrong.

I could tell he wanted to say more, but didn't want to rock the boat too much.

His call took me totally by surprise, and I the defeat and sadness in his voice was unmistakable.

He is one of the best. I hope he gets out with his family intact.

The WT is going nowhere fast.

Sylvia

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

I wonder what kind of malicious gossip would witnesses spread about a person with a back problem. Who could do such a thing? I hope the condition of your friend imroves quickly. Back problems - whether they involve the muscles or the spine - can be very debilitating and a source of depression/melancholy. I hope your friend has a speedy recovery.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Dubs can be very inventive when it comes to there gosip.

• snowbird
    snowbird

They're probably saying it's not as serious as he makes it out to be.

I know when I had a breakdown in 2005, many were saying that there was nothing wrong with me.

The org is filled with callous, judgmental people like that.

Sylvia

• sacolton
    sacolton

Tell him your praying for him too.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It would take a witless to come up with malicious gossip and slander for a medical problem. Back problems are caused in many ways, not the least of which is improper lifting on a single isolated occasion after a lifetime of "proper" lifting that leaves muscles weakened and vulnerable. Not that this is anything to gossip and slander about--the witlesses like to find the least excuse to judge others.

Maybe I could find some similar excuse to judge the witlesses--brain atrophy.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Tell him your praying for him too.

I did; I also told him that I love him.

I believe he was crying as he hung up the phone.

He will probably end up here on JWD.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

There are some very malicious people in the WTS. But the problem is that they seem to find an audience that will listen to it. There are more listerners than gossipers. The WTS has such unrealistic goals for its members, some deflect attention from themselves by focusing it on others. I'm sure he called because he needed to vent himself and felt you were safe.

Blondie

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm sure he called because he needed to vent himself and felt you were safe.

Blondie

Yes ma'am, those were my thoughts exactly.

He's a caring person with a beautiful family whom I've always admired.

I was a little surprised and a bit elated that he didn't try to guilt me into returning to the meetings.

There's always hope.

Sylvia

• Alexia
    Alexia

He sounds like a real friend - not one of those who will only be your friend if you "come back". I'm glad you were able to comfort him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit