HAWK! Letter to the Editor: Need Feed-back ASAP

by bluesapphire 19 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Please provide feed-back on the following letter. I will be sending it to various newspapers in my area on Monday. Thanks.

Letter to the Editor of
    The Los Angeles Times

Re: UNITED NATIONS "DISASSOCIATES" HYPOCRITICAL JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Dear Sir:

Jehovah's Witnesses, famous for their door to door recruiting and political neutrality, are embroiled in a scandal that is comparable to the Pope privately supporting abortion.

The Watchtower Society, legal corporation of “JWs”, requires adherents to stay neutral in political affairs or risk excommunication and shunning by the congregation, including their own family. The leadership has branded the United Nations as the Bible's “scarlet colored wild beast.” Yet, the UN confirmed that the Watchtower Corporation was in a quiet political association/partnership with the UN for 10 years. The leaders quickly quit the partnership after a British newspaper exposed the hypocrisy last month. The leaders claim their partnership was necessary for obtaining a UN library card - an absurd excuse considering the existence of numerous depository libraries containing UN materials.

The leadership has kept its rank and file in the dark about this affair – especially those around the world imprisoned for their neutrality stance, believing the leadership follows its own teachings. Yet, they are sending 6,000,000 JWs to every home to preach about the wrongfulness of religious hypocrisy via their November 15, 2001, Watchtower magazine.

The Watchtower fears it will be exposed to its followers, thus they discourage use of the internet and reading divergent opinions. It’s time to expose the Watchtower for the hypocrites they are.

Sincerely,

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Well, you have my blessings...

• patio34
    patio34

Well written letter, Blue Sapphire.

Pat

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Thanks. Most of the info was taken from an abstract written by Hawk. I just changed it a bit to sound more like me. But the thanks really belongs to him!

Hope they publish it.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Great Job and looks good. Remember the key is the Nov 15/01 WT rag because that is happening right now.

Keep my (actually bx's) part about the antichrist in. Very important because of your audience because us "worldly one" won't have clue one about the doctrine.

I also don't think you need the last paragraph. Instead send them to Randy's web site at http://www.thetruthhurts.freeservers.com/unitednations.htm or http:// www.freeminds.org.

Listen I will provide more comments to you on Monday. I am busy today - Sanata Claus parade and in-laws.

Hold on and phone the newspaper to ask if they will actually publish it.

Bx, if you are reading, we could do this in your hometown with my name?

hawk

p.s. - catholic guy gets credit for Pope comment

• AMAZINGEX
    AMAZINGEX

Excellent letter! How about sending it to the Portland, Oregon paper The Oregonian, 1320 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97201

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

It's done! I sent it to the LA Times and the San Bernardino Sun. Will contact Orange County Register again tomorrow to obtain their fax number. How long should I wait before I call to ask if they're going to publish it?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Blue,

I would have phoned first but that is okay. However, since you already sent it give them a call as soon as possible.

hawk.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi. I did phone first. But guess what. The Sun Times called and said they're publishing it this week. And the OC Register is interested in a longer article for their op-ed page. Let's keep this up. :-) I sent you an e-mail too.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wooooohooooooo

They want an op-ed page eh!!!

Well I have something for them.

How many words do you want?

Do you have a scanner???

I will be by my Email in the morning.

Hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest