Questions about the '89 WT change

by JimmyPage 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This is in reference to the '89 WT with the change from the individual issue to the bound volume that originally said the preaching work would be completed by the end of the 20th century.

My question is: are there bound volumes of the '89 WT that were printed prior to 2000 that do not contain the change?

Or does anyone know where I could get an original issue of the individual '89 mag?

I have a bound volume that contains the change. I just want to have evidence in my library of what the WT originally said.

• ninja
    ninja

finally free kindly gave me his watchtower that contained the original....cheers ff for that.....I had spoken to the elders that visited me (for readjustment) about the change....but only had photocopies to show.....so wanted the original.....it will be difficult to get....keep seeking though....someone will have it

• asilentone
    asilentone

Atlantis, our librarian should find it for you. Just wait til he reads your post. In the meantime, you can PM him.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Wow that's awesome!

• carla
    carla

That's why the anti cult ministries need your old stuff you guys.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

The sentence still remains in the WTLib-2007 german edition:
    "Er legte auch die Grundlage für ein Werk, dessen Vollendung in das 20. Jahrhundert fällt."

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Wienerschnitzel

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The 1989-Watchtower-January-1st shows 2 changes, not just one! The Bound Volume issue says this on page 12: "He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day." our 20th century." $1.00 advertisement that the Bound Volume issue does not show! "single" issue, then follow the download instructions below. If a JW is not going to accept this PDF, then they are not going to believe the actual issue either! They will claim you took the magazine to a printing shop and had it forged. You can not "make" a JW open their mind to the truth of Watchtower deceptions, they have to be willing to do this on their own! The single issue download link can be found here. Click the download link by the red arrow at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/dx41gh N.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Thanks for the eye opener Atlantis! I also have the original Jan. 1st,1989 single copy and the 1989 Bound volume for that year.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Some researchers believe this is the reason the Watchtower "removed" the $1.00 advertisement from the back cover! This was in the same year!

• February, 1989 U.S. Supreme Court rules it is illegal for Texas (and 14 other states) to exempt religious books from sales tax. Some states had been taxing religious books all along.
  • Summer, 1989 WT Society gives away "free" books released at U.S. conventions. Witnesses are instructed to place donations in contribution boxes to cover the cost.
  • June 22, 1989 Watchtower Society, files amicus curiae ("friend of the court") brief with U.S. Supreme Court in Jimmy Swaggart case. Others filing similar briefs include National Council of Churches and Society for Krishna Consciousness.
  • http://www.geocities.com/paulblizard/jimmy.html N.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit