What are some of your memories pre 1975?

by karter 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

I do remember vomitting in 1974, I was about 9 years old because I was trying so hard to please Jehovah before Armaggedon comes. I tried so hard not to lie to people, but when I do, I feel very guilty.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Telling my Bible Studies that if they did not become JW's before 1975 that they would die at Armageddon.

Turning down an education because I would not need the skills since Armagedon was so close.

Being told by the elders that it was a mistake for me and my wife to have a baby in 1974.

Laying in bed at night not being able to sleep as I worried if I was doing enough as a JW not to be destroyed

at Armegeddon in 1975.

Having parts in circuit assemblies saying from the platform that we "need to stay alive till 75".

I am ashamed to say that I fell for all of the lies and false hope that I was given by the

Witchtower Babel and Trick Society.

TooBad TooSad

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Pre 1975 I remember hearing how all the neighbors were going to die because they HATED jah! I remember reading in the old paradise lost/regained book about armageddon and seeing pictures of churches burning and people having buildings fall on them. I remember seeing weird and scary images in the babylon the great has fallen book and seeing again churches burning and people dying and ugly monsters that were all red n shit. After meetings the asswipes would tell my folks how good it would be once all the evil and wicked god haters were erradicated.

So I have my mind filled with all this horrific stuff, and we were going somewhere with a sisters unbelieving hubby, when I saw a church. I told my dad and the elder in the car how I couldn't wait for the church to burst into flames and see teh ground swallow up all the evil people. All their jaws dropped to the floor. The sister's hubby asked if that was what the jw's were teaching his wife and a small child. To hate people like that?

LOL True Story!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am ashamed to say that I fell for all of the lies and false hope that I was given by the

Witchtower Babel and Trick Society.

Don't you dare be ashamed. The washtowel society lied and they are the ones with blood on their hands and should be the shamed ones.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "Wondering what went wrong on dec 31 1975!"

It went wrong way before that. In 1973 the Society decided to put their real ideas over the speaker's stage in every Kingdom Hall in the world when they printed up the 1974 year text. After that the 1975 hype was only a topic for the fanatics and maybe the terminally ill people who needed a miracle.

In 1974 and 1975 the Witness people got really mean. Meaner than usual. I quit in 1974 and only attended a few Watch Tower sponsored rallies and sales meetings in 1975 and after because my wife was still working for the company.

Right away in 1976, the denials started. I heard a district sales manager say at a circuit sales meeting: "Brothers, if you heard it, you didn't hear it here!", in a booming voice. Obviously he wanted that to stick . . . and it did. That was at a circuit assembly in the old Coliseum in Sioux Falls. I was sitting with my family on the west side balcony. It pissed me off. What a lyin' bastard!

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

I don't remember 1985 much less 1975.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Knocking on doors with VERY painful RA fingers.
    Telling people that they had to escape this wicked world by becoming a JW.
    Listening to a Brother at the Assembly, saying how "the Ark did not have anything on the outside of it helping those in the flood hang on to the Ark to help them be saved. So this ARK( Watchtower) has nothing to hang on to but the knowledge that 1975 was coming ".& we had to warn all.
    Getting beaten by my hubby,to shut up about ruddy Armeggeddon ,it wasnt going to come.
    Quitting a good job to warn the world
    Sending back a gift of a cross( gold)from my Mother telling her it was the devils trademark.I had already thrown the gold one I had ( given when I boarded the Queen Mary to come to Canada as a warbride)
    I could go on & on but Just the memory makes me depressed.

Storing up food. We were told NOT to store food.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Fear and panic, cause I believed.

• DJK
    DJK

I got out in May of 74. I saw no one making plans for the big one prior to that and I didn't see anyone who really believed it was coming.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I was born in 75 I like to call myself an Armageddon baby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit