Noah's ark - Can't believe I once actually thought it was true

by sam_sane_now 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thank god that I was not in the ark for 40 days and 40 nights smelling all the animals and their shits.

• knock knock
    knock knock

----- Thank god that I was not in the ark -----

There's just something funny about that. Thank god I wasn't on god's survival ship.

• catbert
    catbert

It was a miracle that the animals survived the trip in the ark.

So what does Noah do when he finally lands on dry land?
    He builds an alter and starts burning animals.

Genesis 8:20
    And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every
    clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt
    offerings on the altar.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Noah amazingly managed the construction of this original Titanic and managed to equip it with food etc and somehow managed to warn EVERY human being alive at the time in the ENTIRE world that this global end was coming, seriously this guys time management was on a par with Santa Claus.....amazing. If he was alive today his project management skills would be very much in demand

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    To put the icing on the cake, according to the Watch Tower Society, big "J" will destroy it all again at Armageddon. So why again were humans preserved in the first place.... just so Jehoover can have billions more to destroy later???

Good point liberty. This he human habitat againstreminds me of the 2nd matrix movie where it is revealed that Zion( this reminds me of the 2nd matrix movie, where it is revealed that Zion (the human habitat away from the machine world) has been destroyed multiple times to re-boot the matrix.

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

Great post and great article by Galileo. Can anybody make sense of that chart? It would be nice to have that explained. Numbers in ranks and files don't mean a lot to me without some kind of commentary. Especially the boxes on log mass. What wos that supposed to mean?

Did anybody ever read the book or see the documentary on the Ark that was popular in the late 70s? Has anybody ever debunked the idea that we have found the original ark on Mt Ararat? I was fascinated by that book when I was in 3rd or fourth grade.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

I believe in the Bible, and I've never questionned the flood because I never believed it was a worldwide event. I always thought that the only people (and animals) that existed in the world, at that time, were all on that side of the world. I don't know where I got this impression from, but it has always been my thought. Wasn't there some history type program that stated there was evidence of a flood? This thread is very interesting, and worth researching.

• marmot
    marmot

I once tried to rationalize the idea of a local flood, too, but there's a big problem with that.

If all the people were in that small geographical area, what explains all the human artifacts scattered around the world that pre-date the flood? Did Jehovah whisk everybody to the Black Sea so he could drown them? After all, the account says that God wanted to destroy ALL of mankind, but softened his heart because Noah was a man of righteousness.

• Farkel
    Farkel

If you want science disputing the flood, here's science. Every possible argument for the flood is thoroughly demolished by our good friend Alan Feuerbacher:

http://corior.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to the flood articles.

Farkel

• hooberus
    hooberus

If you want science disputing the flood, here's science. Every possible argument for the flood is thoroughly demolished by our good friend Alan Feuerbacher:

http://corior.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to the flood articles.

Farkel

On the arcticle: http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-3-where-did-water-come-from.html Alan F. spends most of his time arguing against things that virtually no informed creationist believes. If you remove these then isn't much left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit