Favorite Heavy Metal Hair Bands

by Maryblondgrl 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Wow, yeah I totally forgot about Pantera. They totally were a hair metal band for their first album. Luckily they snapped out of that and got into some real heavy rock. Vulgar Display of Power is one of the best CD's I own and I still listen to it occasionally.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hair bands were several I liked.

did anyone mention DOKKEN or femme Fatale???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9OCDeETqh00

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Guns 'n Roses!!!!!

I Axel

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Sweet child of mi i i i ii ine

Guns & Roses

Iron maiden

Metallica - old school but I like it

Nirvana - don't know if they are that heavy but they rocked!

Not big into death metal, acid metal and all that - can get a bit too heavy for me.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Tesla's not a hair band? Oh well. Yes. I love Pantera too. I miss Dime.

momz

• dinah
    dinah

I like Tesla! They aren't your average hair band. Also the lead singer has ties to Bama.

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

Iron Maiden
    Hammerfall
    Pantera
    MegaDeath
    Metallica - Old School
    Dio

• Twitch
    Twitch

Girlschool anyone? At least they weren't dudes who looked like ladies, they were "ladies",....lmao

I was huge into Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and the Scorpions back in the day. Other 80s favs were Ratt, Dokken, Accept, Angel City, Autograph, KickAxe, Helix, etc.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Abba!!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I never thought of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Pantera, Megadeath and Mettalica as "hair bands". Maiden & Priest were classic heavy metal bands. Pantera, Megadeath & Mettalica always seemed to me to be the progenitors of "speed metal".

The classic "hair bands" to me were Poison, Dokken, Cinderella, Motley Crue, Europe (The Final Countdown), Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Ratt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit