I have always wanted to....

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

... (fill in the blank). Tell us something you've always wanted to do, dreamed of doing, wish you could do, but have not (YET) done. Tell us what your dreams are.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

If I wasn't so scared of heights I would like to parachute of of an airplane.

Not be married to my Job, and cut back on work and travel through Europe.

Cheers

hope4others

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

If I wasn't so scared of heights I would like to parachute of of an airplane.

Have you considered a tandem jump? That takes a lot of the fear out of it--you're just "along for the ride".

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

take a road trip around the USA. There are lots of places I haven't seen and I love road trips. Maybe someday I'll find someone like me who also likes road trips...

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

... never have to cook for someone else ever again.

I only want to cook when i feel like it!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Tandem Skydives in less than one day you can be making a tandem skydive from up to 14,500 feet you then free fall at speeds of 120 mph down to 5,000 feet where the tandem instructor opens the parachute

That's the part that scares me!!!!

LOL

hope4others

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

be able to play the piano naturally, fluidly, beautifully, for my own enjoyment and that of others...

• Casper
    Casper

Learn to swim...

Cas

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Tandem Skydives in less than one day you can be making a tandem skydive from up to 14,500 feet you then free fall at speeds of 120 mph down to 5,000 feet where the tandem instructor opens the parachute

That's the part that scares me!!!!

A fall at 120mph shouldn't scare you... a STOP at 120mph should scare you! It's not the fall that'll kill you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom. :-) (Sorry, that probably didn't help!)

I really hope you'll try this (skydiving, especially as it's a dream you have. As with all things, skydiving has risks, but if done with proper training and equipment, the risks are reasonable. Educate yourself on the risks, and proactively select a good, reputable skydiving operation. Skydiving, like many things, are as safe as you want to make it be, though occasional accidents not due to any fault of your own, do happen, just as they do in your car.

http://www.dropzone.com/safety/
    http://theblueskyranch.com/sta/tb7.htm
    http://www.uspa.org/about/page2/relative_safety.htm

Is your hesistancy related in any way to the way JW's indoctrinated us that "skydiving and rock climbing show a lack of respect for the gift of life"?

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I've always wanted to do the skydiving thing myself. It's not the height that's preventative, just the cost and the time. I also would like to learn to scuba dive. -Potential

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit