Barf bag alert

by JimmyPage 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

During the recent storms that swept parts of the U.S. a pioneer sister was at a get-together. "I felt very safe since there were so many pioneers there," she said. "After all, if we were all swept away, how would the preaching work get done?" This was said half-jokingly but the self-righteousness was still apparent. (Privately this sister has admitted to being depressed lately, though a full-time preacher). Meanwhile a few Witnesses in a nearby area were killed by the storm. Of course, they must be inactive by this manner of reasoning.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Ugh. How about people suggesting that Jehovah is using the earthquake in China and typhoon in Myanmar to get rid of some of the undesirables before Armageddon? Someone actually said to me "it never seems to happen in countries where there are a lot of witnesses". I wanted to say "exactly what sort of monster are you?"

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

their are stupid mother f*****s in many religions who belive this crap. a friend of my wifes said that when the tsunami hit a few years back.....her preacher said one sunday morning that it was god punishing those people. my wife was like........ TELL ME you got your ass up and walked out. nope she sat there. i woulda had to have gotten up and made as much noise as i could while leaveing and it woulda been hard for me not to give that bastard two middle fingers as i did it. some people are drones no matter what church they go to. this same church as a woman over their marriage minestry........... who has never been married............. WTF

• chickpea
    chickpea

soooooooooo by that lame and twisted reasoning, am i to conjecture that the death of the only child of an elderly couple, who was killed by a drunk driver on her way home from a pioneer meeting with her elder/pioneer husband, was a result of perhaps some secret sin and jah was weeding her from the ranks of the noble pioneers?

truly a barf bag epic

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

this type of thinking always irritated me. I used to cringe every time I heard the "Jehovah must be blessing me" comment.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Well...I knew of a pioneer who was in service and was hit by a truck. She went to the hospital and refused blood and died. Where does she fit in? Or the other pioneer sister taking a study to the doctor and was in a car wreck and died instantly?

These people are wacko.

momz

• Honesty
    Honesty

What about the carload of JW's down in Cairo, Georgia about 10 years ago that were hit head-on one afternoon as they were going to see JW relatives?

The only survivor was a 9 year old JW girl.

Jehover must have saved her to pioneer for him later on, huh.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what happens if a busload of witlesses gets into an accident and there is only one survivor. And it turns out that the one survivor is an apostate. How would they explain that?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Remember that family from Tennessee coming home from an assembly? They stopped at a rest stop and was carjacked and shot. Even the 2 babies. Everyone died but the little boy. He now lives with non Witness relatives in Sweden. Oh, wait. That one makes sense. NOT!

Can't they just say what a horrible tragedy a situation is, and express grief?

momz

• White Dove
    White Dove

Un-freakin'-believable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit