Real Estate/Travel Agent

by reneeisorym 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Right now they are developing what is called a fee based realty service, where you pay only for what you want the realtor to do. Check it out.

S4

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

You might find some information browsing around here in regard to being a Travel agent

www.1stclasstravelacademy.com

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I wouldn't have thought that real estate would be a wise move the way the market is in your country at the moment.

Paul

That was my first thought but I also am not going to be making a change for another two years. Things are likely to be different then -- either on the upside or a complete bust. But I read somewhere that agents who get into it during a slump and make it get used to doing hard work. When the market picks up, they enjoy it. The ones who start when it's easy give up when it gets hard.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just some food for thought use it how you will.

The greatest book on getting into the real estate game you can find.Magic bullets http://www.sendspace.com/file/mdyydx

Robert G. Allen - The Road to Wealth.pdf http://www.sendspace.com/file/kfmdrb

• cawshun
    cawshun

Hi, I looked into being a flight attendant 10 yrs. ago. I lived 2 hours from the air port and didn't know about the commute. I called some air lines and asked when they would be doing interviews. Went on a couple. They were fun and met some cool people at the interviews.

They were mainly interested in FLEXIBILITY, SAFTEY and alble to speak another language, Spanish or whatever. Those that could had a better chance at the world travel flights. I know one girl that learned just enough Spanish to get through the interview.

If you get selected, the air-line pays for your schooling about 6wks. if I remember right. I believe the starting pay was $20.00 an hour. plus all the perks of travel, great hotel rooms, free trips.

If you don't live near an air-port, you can still do it. You work 3 days on 4 off, you sublet an apartment near the air-port with other flight attendants on the day's you work. Sometimes, they are all off traveling so you may have the apartment to yourself. Everyone splits the rent.

I decided not to do it, the commute just wasn't for me. Two of the girls I met on interviews got the jobs, one with United and the other with South West. They loved it.

The interviews are not one on one unless you get called back after the first. At the first, all interviewers meet in a big room at a hotel. Everyone sits in circle, you stand up and tell a little about yourself, answer some on the spot questions about being a flight attendant ( why would you want this job)?

Just something you might like to think about since you like travel.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    If you don't live near an air-port

I seriously live 5 minutes from an airport. I think those planes are going to land in my back yard half of the time.

That's not a bad idea. Wouldn't you have to be away from home a lot of nights? I'm not sure my husband would be crazy about that.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

The greatest book on getting into the real estate game you can find.Magic bullets http://www.sendspace.com/file/mdyydx

Robert G. Allen - The Road to Wealth.pdf http://www.sendspace.com/file/kfmdrb

Thanks a lot for those links! They are awesome.

• cawshun
    cawshun

The most you have to be away from home is maybe 3 nights. You work something like 3 on and 4 off then I think its might be 4 on and 3 off. Living close to an air-port makes it even easier. Not all trips are over night, some go by legs. for instance you may be on a leg that goes from California to New York. Or Dallas to Chicago. They would be round trips. When you finish your leg your off. Some times your on call, and living so close to an air port makes that really easy.

I had to watch the big news papers like Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and look in the classifieds for when they would be holding job interviews. You will also need a resume.

At first I just went to the air port and talked with flight attendants and got a lot of information from them. They were very helpful. I think when you find their add in the paper they give you a phone # to call for the interview. Gosh, it was so long ago, I can't believe how much I have forgotten. If not a flight attendant, you could also look into working as a Reservationist with an air-line. I think they too get quite a few perks as far as free travel goes.

I hope this has been helpful. I really would have liked it, but I just lived to far from the air-port.

• cawshun
    cawshun

I forgot to mention, my husband wasn't to thrilled about it either, but I explained to him that it was a career I would enjoy and it works for men who do a lot of traveling in their jobs and the wives put up with them being gone, so why can't a woman have a job that may take her away from home for a couple of days? I even found married women with kids being flight attendants. The nice part of it is you don't have to be gone for a whole week at a time. My husband ended up being very supportive but I realized the time I would spend going to and from the air-port was time spent on the on road where I wasn't being paid. Your fortunate living close to the air-port, thats a big part of being able to do it and still make it home at the end of your shift.

Their schooling is a real cram course and a lot are sent home the first week if they can't make it. The biggest thing they stress in the school is SAFTEY you have to get 100% on the saftey test, I think its on paper as well as going thru it on the plane. A lot of flight attendants are older now and a lot are guy attendants.

If your husband likes to travel, he will also like some of the free trips he will get to take with you. I researched all I could on it before I even approached my husband about it so I had all the questions he would pose, ready with an answer. Take some time to research it and then approach him about it.

I hope this helps you

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I have been a travel agent in the past and I would say the key is to get into the corporate travel industry, NOT leisure; i.e. you would be booking travel for a company's employees who are traveling on business.

This type of travel is much more structured, and thus easier for you as the agent. It's also not gone to the internet like leisure travel has, because usually people booking their vacations and such have flexibility in time and scheduling so as to get the best price, when corporate travel is more about getting to the meeting on time at whatever cost, and back-to-back traveling schedules make it less flexible for the traveler and more enjoyable for the agent to put together the trips.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit