The wife has just opened a pandoras box (you tube)!

by evergreen 14 Replies latest jw friends

• evergreen
    evergreen

I was browsing the net yesterday and was looking up some you tube clips on Jehovahs witnesses. The wife then asks if she could use the net to check out something. Little did I realise she was checking my history trail (we're a trusting couple! ) and checked out some of the you tube clips. She called me through saying that I was looking at apostate material. I said I simply punched in the word Jehovahs witnesses to find out if I could find a clip on purple triangles and that I was doing nothing wrong. I explained that I simply started clicking on the different you tube clips under Jehovahs witnesses and that there was nothing untoward.

She then spends the next (wait for it) 'hour' clicking through the various clips. I told her that it was not a good idea to do this as it is viewed as apostasy by the society and could damage her faith. She said however that she was an adult and could look at what ever she wants. I couldnt believe she would sit and watch it. She sat through one clip in which Barbara Anderson was talking about the child abuse issue within the society and many other such clips. I now believe and have no doubt that she has now opened a pandoras box that will expose her to the real TRUTH about the troof.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Let's hope so!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I told her that it was not a good idea to do this as it is viewed as apostasy by the society and could damage her faith.

Why were you discouraging her? Or does she respond to reverse psychology?

Youtube's a real apostate site, lol...

• sacolton
    sacolton

Reverse psychology works best on JWs.

• evergreen
    evergreen
    Why were you discouraging her? Or does she respond to reverse psychology?

Nailed it in one Awakened in Gilead. Using reverse psychology will only increase her curiosity!

• besty
    besty

I recommend this book for every JW - it should be the next publication for consideration at the Congregation Book Bible Study

http://www.amazon.com/Mistakes-Were-Made-But-Not/dp/0151010986

Hey Evergreen - perhaps you can get the book and tell your wife what an eyeopener it is - get her to read and think about it - it never mentions JW's, apostates etc.

• undercover
    undercover

Next she will read about herself on this site...

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Well that worked out rather well to your favour, just make sure you log out of Jwd.

Cheers!

hope4others

• evergreen
    evergreen

Ha ha undercover, I better be careful what I say, otherwise I might be making my own tea

Yeh Besty, might be woth a read, maybe leaving such a book lying around the house might be useful.

• V
    V

Pandora's box indeed, we can only hope...

If the internet is dangerous to JWs then YouTube and other video sites are instant poison to cult mind-sets. A well done video captures more senses in less time.

Plus YouTube is a very common site for JWs--still safe. Every time a JW searches for their cousin's baptism videos they are going to see a whole list of interesting videos as well.

Tell her not to watch Watchtower Comments while you are at it... www.youtube.com/wtcomments

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit