New JW Speculations: "Watch the Lebanon!"

by Sirona 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My mom came at me with a stupid coy little thing the other day-when they announced the new meeting change with the bookstudy. She told me something exciting happened at the hall, but she couldn't really talk about it. . . so I said-oh, you mean the new deal with the bookstudy not being on Thurs nights anymore? And she does this "No, thats not it, I'm not supposed to talk about it" thing. GRRR lying to my face is a new low. I love her, and I can't understand why she thinks she needs to have some JW secret from me-specially when it is on the silly bulletin board! So, last Sat. I asked her if she is engaged or dating some guy at the hall. Which she also denies(I was hoping she would come clean and clear the air of the lie. NO. She is in denial still. I feel really stupid for even thinking twice about this. It must be some elderly mind trip she is having. Which, would be more understandable if she was more than 64!!

• Sirona
    Sirona

"The" Lebanon is something which is said here in the UK. I've even heard it on TV news. It isn't correct - I dont know where it came from.

If they've got some inside information about Armageddon coming, you'd think they'd SHARE it!

Sirona

• justhuman
    justhuman

I don't think it is something new..JW's (basically the WT) are always trying to find world events to "proove" their eschatological dogma that the end is near...

Either is 9/11, a war in Iraq, Afganistan, Lebanon(our next door neigbours are killing each other since 1975), Serbia, etc(by the way most of the wars are made in U.S.A the country that WT was born and have their headquarters, and most of the leadership are old American fools!!!)

Either is an earthquaqe, tsuanmi, hurricane, global warming, JW's are always eager to "see" the signs that the end is near. Simple as that. And we will always have "signs" for the leadership of the WT to support their eschatological fantasies. It has been going around for more than 150 years, and propably it will continue for the next 150 years

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Sounds like they were trying to say, "all your base are belong to us".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit