New JW Speculations: "Watch the Lebanon!"

by Sirona 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

OK a couple of JWs in my family have said this.

We were talking about USA politics and the comment was made "it doesn't matter who gets in....it will all result in the same outcome. WATCH THE LEBANON!" (JW gives a knowing look and emphasises the lebanon bit)

What the heck does this mean? (I was too tired to ask what was meant, plus they'd have probably been vague about it)

Anyone else heard this? Any ideas?

Sirona

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

They probably want you to think they are "in tune" with the prophecies of the end days.

• shadowofbathory
    shadowofbathory

never heard this JW related

i have though been keeping a keen eye on specifically that area ( esp south border ) as those in the know will confirm, we could be months from battle, its the only war that modern isreal has lost and they are ready to do go round 2, the 3 ships are already dispatched

it is known iran are behind that group of the lebs, and this gets the message to them,

put the kettle on

JW related i would only assume these people u were with have a personal interest / opinion

• Sirona
    Sirona

Any other ideas?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, I can only say that the "Signs of the End Times" has pointed to Lebanon as the location for the rise of the Anti-Christ. Otherwise, Lebanon is nothing special to a JW. In fact, JWs never show any interest in the Middle East. Only in other "false" religions.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"The" Lebanon makes no sense. Why the specific article?

You might watch Lebanon, or the Lebanese, but watching "The Lebanon" makes no grammatical sense.

S4

• lawrence
    lawrence

There has been a glut of Lebanese hash of late; maybe some Bethelites have been dealing on the side, and the elders wives are trying to spread the good news.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It sounds like someone saying "I'm very friendly with the gays". "The Lebanon" eh? What else? W.Once

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"The" Lebanon makes no sense. Why the specific article?

Actually I've heard others refer to the country as 'The Lebanon' in the same way as we refer to 'The Congo'or 'The Sudan'
    I've noticed when Americans visit NZ they will say 'South Island' or 'North Island' whereas we will say 'The North Island' etc.

• asilentone
    asilentone

it sounds like they are drama queens, I would like to know why they say "Lebanon" too, maybe they were just messing with your head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit