Jimi Hendrix

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

Jimmy Page

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

A Tie for me

1.Billy Gibbons - best tone in rock

1. Duane Allman - he took slide guitar to new places, AND they INVENTED Southern Rock

2. Marc Ford - a very close second.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

We went to the Van Halen concert last night.... Eddie's gotta be one of the best.

My two favorites (who are dead) is of course, Jimmi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Jimmy Hemdrix, Slash, Eric Clapton, Santana and Andrew Thane (an extremely talented friend of mine)

• d.boon
    d.boon

d.boon

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Joe Satriani

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Zakk Wylde (and Steve Vai)

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Can't pick a favorite guitarist. I play, and I enjoy so many other players. All of the above I enjoy. Glad someone mentioned Gary Moore - one of the best, for sure, but underrated.

Two weeks ago I got to spend an evening with Vernon Reid, the creator of Living Color and rated 66th, I think, in Rolling Stones top 100 guitarists of all time. We had dinner together, discussed Hendrix and a bunch of stuff, and essentially hung out for a few hours. The next night I got to see him perform. A great, great player.

Other guitarists I've actually got to hang out with and really enjoy include Tommy Castro, who was discovered by Carlos Santana, and Sonny Landreth, who performed at Eric Clapton's Chicago fundraiser concert last year. Sonny plays for John Hiatt, among others,and is a great slide guitarist.

There are so many more!!

S4

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Eddie VanHalen, Peter Frampton, Slowhand Eric Clapton.

Maybe not quite in that order.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit