Has a song "GRABBED" at you pulling your soul in?

by FreedomFrog 88 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

It doesn't happen to me much but when it does I can't get enough...

I was driving home from a friends house trying to figure out how to work out my finances/home/college/kids and then the song "Eye of the Tiger" came on.

I've heard this song many times. This was one of my fave's growing up but it didn't catch my soul like it did tonight. I was in awe to the point of needing to hear it 6 times already. I've stored it on my desktop just to get to it quick.

Anyway, I've been a bit down but a few parts of this song really grabbed me...the parts that effected me goes like this;

Face to face

out in the heat

hangin' tough

stayin' hungry....

the stack the odds, still we take to the street

for the kill with the skill to survive......

It's the eye of the tiger

it's the cream of the fight

risin up to the challenge of our rivals

and the last known survivor stalks his pray in the night

and he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger.....

Then the last bit of the "story" that helps me "rise up" is the following....

Risin' up

straight to the top

had the guts got the glory

went the distance now I'm not gonna stop

just a man (woman) and his (her) will to survive....

It's the eye of the tiger......

Spiritually, mentally, and physically I know what the message is (for me). I am a very spiritual (not religious) person and when things grab my attention (or soul) I listen. Tiger teaches (for me) that adventure, challenges, and changes are about to happen. Believe me, I've been under some great challenges and changes are gonna have to happen for "survival". For the moment, I'm moved by this song extremely.

Has a song "moved" you? Isn't it great? I love when this happens.

• flipper
    flipper

Stairway to Heaven - Every time I hear it I get mesmerized ! Always

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Every time I hear it I get mesmerized !

Mr. Flipper, isn't it wonderful to have an escape even for just a moment? I love these moments myself. lol

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yesterday and today I have been into Mary's Prayer by Danny Wilson. It reminds me of Steely Dan, but more breathy. But the song is very nice. Take a look for it on YouTube.com.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Thanks FHN, This is the first time I've heard "Mary's Prayer"...it is a nice song. The words are very lovely.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

This song for me is the song that grabbed me most of all in my life. I was going through a bad emotional time, and heard this song out of the blue on the radio. It grabbed me.. and made me think about me.. and my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIAWY4LLsEw

I send this song to all who are lost and are not sure of where they are going!

LTF

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

LTF,

OMG...this was "my song" last year that grabbed me. LOL I think I listened to it over and over several hundred times...

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Smile! Freedom Frog.. it is truely a lovely song isnt it?

I listen to it over and over still!

LTF

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I don't think I could top "Stairway To Heaven" its an all time classic for me also, but I really love

Angie, by the rolling stones I can also play it over and over.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-21QK9F1NWc

Also Elvis Presley's (sometimes it brings me sadness from the past.)

Suspicious Minds

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SBmAPYkPeYU

Cheers

hope4others

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Smile! Freedom Frog.. it is truely a lovely song isnt it?

Oh wow, yes...I just listened to it again (and again ). I don't know why I forgot about this song since I played it to death last year. Funny thing is, I'm still not sick of it...heehee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit