hey

by Mrs_R 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs_R
    Mrs_R

i'm new so thought i'd say hi

been thinking about the witnesses alot lately and have a had a good search online and found this place.

was born into the ahem 'truth' and left when i was 17, baptized at twelve i think. i couldnt answer something covered in the baptism questions and all 3 elders who did my questions mentioned that this was their only doubt. after having lengthy discussions with them and them not having any answers whatsoever about what i was asking - i cant remember what it was, i'm sure it was something about the holy spirit, but it completely bamboozled them why i was actually asking them to fully explain it to me so that i could understand. i should have taken it as truth because the bible says so apparently!! anyway, they could see that i wasnt going to budge and just take their word for it so they went away for another discussion!! bear in mind that a few of my friends who'd done their questions and got 1 minor thing wrong weren't allowed to be baptized, a few days later one of the elders came to my house to let me know that i'd passed the questions completely and how thrilled they were about it all.

i didnt really think much of it at the time but now it just says so much about them.

none of the people from my congregation who i was baptized with are in the truth anymore, infact i think only a handful from the 3 congregations we were in are still active.

it kind of makes you want to cry when you sit and think about how lucky you are that you're not involved with it anymore. especially with all the stories of the cover ups, but dont get me started on that as i have plans for the weekend!!

anyway, just saying hello and a big WELL DONE for those who are out of it all.

• carla
    carla

Welcome! Glad your out.

• rache31
    rache31

Welcome!!!

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Welcome MrsR

You are so lucky to have found out that the JW's are not the Truth and to have gotten out. Please do keep in touch here, its very encouraging to hear from others who have experienced being in the cult to reinforce our choice of leaving.

I am so glad to be out and to know that is not the truth. I was out for years and thought I would die at Armageddon because I wasn't in the truth anymore. I suffered with guilt and emotional pain for years until I found this group. It has helped me so much and I know for a certainty that the Watchtower Society is a Lie.

Velvetann

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to JWD Mrs_R

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hey. :) Thanks for the well done - you too!

• mind my own
    mind my own

Wow, thanks for sharing! Welcome to the site!!

MMO

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Welcome! Look forward to hearing more from you.

• Casper
    Casper

Welcome MrsR....

Thanks for sharing, we look forward to getting to know you.

Glad you found the site.

Cas

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Glad you found your way out!

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit