Bloods vs. Crips: JW Style ;-) June, 2008 KM.

by Open mind 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'd love to see a collaborative effort between a talented JWD script writer and a video maker like Wasanelderonce.

Here's the fodder:

June, 2008 KM (US Branch) Page 4

"When a Householder Speaks Another Language"

(Any smart a$$e$ wanna have a crack at the title?)

Paragraphs 1 & 2 talk about the overall situation of how cities with more than one language of JW congos can cooperate. Blah, blah, blah.

Paragraph 3 is one I think would make for an entertaining video. Here it is verbatim:

The Same Work: How should matters be handled when publishers from different congregations happen to be preaching in the same neighborhood on the same day? Of course, Christian love will transcend any language barrier, and all wil be primarily concerned about the needs of the territory. (John 13:34,35) Therefore, those taking the lead will demonstrate reasonableness and love in deciding whether one group should temporarily move to a different territory. -- Jas. 3:17,18.

Comments? Speculations about what led up to the need for this paragraph? Ideas for how you'd make a comedic video?

OM

• 5go
    5go

Crips = Service dept.

Bloods = Writing dept.

Mexican Mafia = Governing Body

MS-13 = all the other Dubs at bethel

Vice Lords = Legal dept.

Latin Kings = Hospital Liason Comitee

• JeffT
    JeffT

Hell's angel's = apostates, as in a whole gang of us riding in.

I've got a mental picture of two guys in suits having a totally inappropriate screaming match about the ethnicity of some neighborhood. Problem gets solved when Mexican and "non hispanic caucasians" from the nearest houses beat the crap out of both of them.

• nelly136
    nelly136

can't they just draw watchtowers at 20 paces to see who works which side of the street?

• Open mind
    Open mind

5go:

Wow! I was just thinking of a little 2 or 3 minute skit. You're going for a full-length movie!

jeffT:

Hell's angels = apostates,

JW's might actually watch that since "apostates" would be so accurately depicted.

nelly136:

draw watchtowers at 20 paces

I like it. Perhaps a little "Good, the Bad and the Ugly" music playing in the background.

OM

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

OM:

Therefore, those taking the lead will demonstrate reasonableness and love in deciding whether one group should temporarily move to a different territory. -- Jas. 3:17,18

ROCK PAPER WATCHTOWER SCISSORS ANYONE?

Snakes ()

• Open mind
    Open mind

Snakes:

ROCK PAPER WATCHTOWER SCISSORS ANYONE?

Good one Snakes.

For just a second, let's put on our sincere, true-believing JW hats. How would you translate this?

all will be primarily concerned about the needs of the territory

Relistically, here's how I see it in Cali.

Spanish rules.

English drools.

Spanish should usually get the priority. They're the ones still showing substantial growth. English territory is a dried-up, used-up, non-productive, wheel-spinning JW social event.

But here's where the potential conflict could arise, IMO. A hard-core, english speaking JW zealot who thinks his ministry is just as important as the Spanish going head-to-head with his Spanish-speaking clone.

God I'd love to see a video!

OM

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'd use a Buck Rogers style futuristic set and costuming, and have two Dubs encounter a person speaking another language. The less-experienced Dub would be momentarily baffled, but then the more-experienced dub would take over, saying, "Oh, this person is a Bowellian Ass-Speaker. I am familiar with their language" and proceed to offer his sermon in loud farts and long, rolling belches.

• 5go
    5go

Yeah when you think about it they all fit

Service dept is the big boys calling the shots with the writing dept forming to counter them.

Crips V Bloods

The governing body sits in the their rooms calling the shots and keeping the gangs from totally killing each other while holding on to their empire. Mexican Mafia

The general bethelite population much like the real MS-13 is a group of poor boys that worship the Mexican Mafia and have no problem doing their dirty work.

The legal dept keeps it hands clean of the other gang but isn't affraid to take them on and put them in their place. It also has a way of helping out lower dubs but it still is there to make money.

And I just made up a match for the HLC but still it's a gang of it's own that worships the Mexican Mafia.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I'll host it!

nice.

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit