Possums , roaches and assorted Critters

by wednesday 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

We discovered we had possums. I called animal control and they have provided us with traps. So far we have caught 3. many more to go. Possums can have 8-13 critters at at time.

anyway, I went to google to do a search on them. I am putting up the link to a pest control . There is a pic of a cute little possum and this picture of a snake that made me do a double take.

.http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/Professional-Trapper/city/CA-Anaheim.htm

alt

I also found this very interesting blog of a lady who was very terrified of roaches. beware, scary roach stories

http://www.disgruntledhousewife.com/neurosis/saga.020825.html

• wednesday
    wednesday

btt b/c the snake pic is worth looking at

• Casper
    Casper

Goodness Wednesday...

That snake is creepy...

We live in town, and have had a possum or two over the years. We've also had a huge skunk get into our garage...YIKES..!!!

We just waited him out and he finally left, of course none of us moved a muscle... lol

Hope things continue to work out..

Cas

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Eww!

We had a snake on our front porch last summer, about 4 feet long! Killed it with a shovel. Then called the golf course management on which we live and had them bush hog the fields around the edges of the course.

Baby possums are so cute, we had one in the yard of our other house. But that thing could hiss and be mean!

Ever seen the new show The Verminators?

momz

• wednesday
    wednesday

Am i the only one to see the phallic nature of the snake in the pic?

http://www.atomfilms.com/film/possum_death_spree.jsp

the possum death spree, a scary film about possums

Fact: An ancient breed of carnivorous possums were responsible for the extinction of dinosaurs… Fact: The Ice Age put these possums into deep hibernation… Fact: The possums have awoken — and they're very, very hungry.

Recall the Beverly Hillbillies. Elly Mae was always carrying around one of her "critters'.. often a possum

• Robdar
    Robdar

Please, oh please, people. Can't we just try to get along with our animal brethren?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    We discovered we had possums. I called animal control and they have provided us with traps. So far we have caught 3.

Were they living in the house?

If not, why bother them?

I have lots of possums here, they come forage around the outside of the house at night. I've got no beef with that.

When I get chickens however, then there might be a problem.

BTS

• Honesty
    Honesty

Possum is great !!!

I would rather catch one than shop for them on the roads around here.

Did you say that you caught 3 so far?

I live in East Tennessee.

If it's not too far to drive, can I have them?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I would rather catch one than shop for them on the roads around here.

I hear they taste better'n rabbit.

I just haint worked up the gumption to try one.

BTS

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yes one got into our house. It scared the bejeevers out of me and my cats. My cats ran from it. My hubby had to kill that one. Won't tell you how. ( )

Possums get into the attic and under the house. They are considered pests. I actually think they are sort of cute but they scare the other pets.

I've seen mother possum and she is huge. When we had a dog these critters stayed away.. Now that our dog is gone they are living under our house.

I am a bit far from you to pick up a possum. and hurting is illegal in the city. but otherwise, my property is currently a great place to hunt possum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit