Kids are posting their Salvia trips on the internet

by MsMcDucket 21 Replies latest social current

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok I've more than done my fair share of drugs in the 80's. Do I regret it? Yes and no. I'm glad I got it out of my system back then. My main drug of choice back then was cocaine. My girlfriend and I spent over 10K for cocaine one summer month in '85. I know some who haven't got past drugs to this day. I know a few who tried LSD once and never came back.

The whole legal/illegal argument to me is like arguing over the color of the furniture on the Titanic. The real issue is why do kids need this type of escape? I'm not talking about kids who tried it a few times because we're all curious. I mean regular users. What's going on in their heads for them to seek out this escape on life.

I wish that rather than spending enormous amounts of money and ads to "scare" u off of drugs, that it was spent on a more direct approach like maybe providing mental health for those in need in high school and college. An ability for a kid to talk to an adult about their active use of drugs without fear of reporting it would go a long ways.

I didn't watch the video and honestly until now I didn't know of the existence of this drug. I'm not surprised because people will lick frogs to get high. Hope those kids get some help.

• new light
    new light

AK-Jeff---You've made some good points. I do take issue with lumping heroin and psychedelics together, but in this case you are right to do so....they both render people physically useless.

I am all for keeping powerful drugs out of the hands of idiots. I suppose the only way to do so is to keep them illegal. It's not effective, but at least the government can say "You can't blame us".

The only thing that angers me is that there are some extremely conscientious, responsible, law-abiding folks out there who have to risk their physical freedom in order to enjoy mental freedom. I cannot adequately express the overwhelming goodness.. the permanent and positive mental restructuring, the obliteration of ingrained bad habits and destructive thought processes. I mean, a person can learn in six hours what would have otherwise taken a lifetime, if at all.

An ex-JW can essentially reset himself, shed all those years of ingrained, faulty thought patterns and be born again to a new life. Addicts can truly see what is behind their addiction and start over with a clean slate. Virtually any negative life pattern can be left behind. This stuff can and does take a person to their psychological center, square one, and allows them to observe all the choices they have made up to that point and decide if they want to continue down that road or start on a new one, with a determination and focus previously unfathomable.

But (long sigh)...most people are afraid of what they do not know, and they like to cite the occasional horror story to justify their own opinions. Perhaps I am erring the other way...seeing only my own wonderful experiences and not any of the casualties. I will always be grateful to have been introduced to psychedelics, and grateful for the life long gifts they have bestowed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit