Worship

by VoidEater 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I think what I see are elements of dwelling with or communing with the divine...

Thankfullness, as a part of mindfullness, or awareness, maybe "prayer"...?

Acts of giving to others, from a sense of compassion...

So gratitude and acknowledging seems to be a foundation in worship so far...

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

There are many types of worship, personal and corporate. It's great to find peace with God.

• compound complex
    compound complex

So gratitude and acknowledging seems to be a foundation in worship so far...

Given my current state of recovery and rediscovery, VE, I could not begin to imagine how I might answer you when this topic first appeared.

Thank you for the words above! They express my personal, elementary basis for worship - all that remains after a major "spring cleaning" of my House of Religion ...

CoCo

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

giving comfort to others by helping them whenever we can.

LD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Worshiping something means doing all one can to obey that object without questioning. And from what I have seen with Jehovah, He does not deserve my worship--He has done nothing but harm by giving me orders that impeded progress in my life. And He has always impeded anything from ever going right, especially with the opposite sex (for which there is NO forgiveness).

• snowbird
    snowbird

Worship:

to feel an adoring reverence or regard.

[Origin: bef. 900; (n.) ME wors(c)hipe, worthssipe, OE worthscipe, var. of weorthscipe;see worth, -ship; (v.) ME, deriv. of the n.alt]
    I revere and regard the Father God and Creator God of the Bible as worthy of all praise and honor. I don't attend any religious services or perform any special rituals. I just talk to them as the trusted Friends they are. Sylvia
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I love looking at trees as if I were viewing a painting and imagining how different people and animals through the ages would have viewed them. I like getting into and enjoying the feeling of that. Of course I'm not saying I worship the tree or anything like that

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I so agree with you VoidEater about the lack of any feeling of worship at the meetings. It just seemed to be a rote 'school like' setting; even the songs did not impart any reverential feeling in me.

I've come to love the abundant decorations in churches of every stripe - to me the artwork and displays are representations as an expression of gratitude for the bounteous richness the Almighty has bestowed upon this planet, and so I value visiting any 'religious' buildings in my travels

I also want to begin to volunteer in some way in helping those less fortunate than myself and my family. I haven't found my niche yet, but believe my 'passion' will soon manifest itself, now that the shackles on the expression of my innermost being have been thrown off.

Worship is NOT about taking in knowledge, that's one thing I know for sure. Ok, now I have something to put in that other thread about knowing what I know....

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I give homage to the almighty brewsky and margarita dieties of the world.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Thank you, snowbird, quietly, MeetingJunie, Quirky - I think I am finding (or rediscovering?) bits of myself through your generosity...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit