Meetings cut down to twice a week....

by newly unsure 15 Replies latest jw friends

• newly unsure
    newly unsure

I heard that they are planning to cut meetings down to twice a week and the book study will become part of the school and service meeting...any one else hear about this?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yes, it's been quite the topic of discussion the past few weeks here at the forum.

The new arrangement will start in January.

Welcome to the forum, Newly Unsure!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

It was announced last Sunday. You will find many topics over the last week about it here.

Welcome to the board by the way.

Paul

• newly unsure
    newly unsure

thanks everyone!! would anyone know where i can read more ..like where i can find the post?

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

thanks everyone!! would anyone know where i can read more ..like where i can find the post?

That depends.... Are you looking for:

1. Basic Facts?

2. Apostatic glee?

3. Conspiracy theories?

We've got a copy of the letter somewhere. However, I'd note that if you were more diligent in your meeting attendance, Mr. Faderpants, you'd already have the facts. You naughty meeting misser you! That "we" had the scoop long before the less advanced Witness is now just something to be proud of rather than actively gloat about.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

There is the letter from the GB on here thats been posted. Can't find it though, don't know if anyone can help.

Paul

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Welcome to JWD!!!

I really wanted to gloat about knowing before my MIL, but darn if she has yet to acknowledge I knew first!

Try the search function at the top of the page. You will get more than enough threads about it. We talked about it, debated about it, put it in our hats, then put it back on the board to chew it till the flavor was gone!

momz

• Gopher
    Gopher

Newly Unsure,

Here was the first announcement about the change that was posted here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/156826/1.ashx

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I heard that they are planning to cut meetings down to twice a week and the book study will become part of the school and service meeting...any one else hear about this?

REALLY ??

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Well someone is slacking spiritually. Slacker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit