Monday -- What would you do?`

by reneeisorym 14 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Mondays are alway great right? ..

So this morning before 9:00 i get informed that they are dropping our pention. If you weren't vested yet, you will not receive pention. Those already vested will still be in the program. Well... since I was only hired 2 years ago .. that means no more retirement for me... YAY...

So what would you do? I REALLY love my job. Pay is pretty good -- not awesome but nice and competitive. The people are so much fun and I have the opportunity to take off and go shopping whenever I get ready. It is layed back and I can just sit back and joke around and not do a think all day if I so choose. But the down side is that I'm not being challenged at all. I am getting quite bored actually.

You think this is reason enough to go job hunting?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Cushy jobs are a fast track to mediocrity. Challenge yourself and you'll build value.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

How about asking for more work to do - or think up a project of your own?

Alternatively is your job something you could do from home - perhaps ask if you can work at home for part of the day (then at least if you've no work to do sometimes, you can get on with something else and not get wound up about wasting time!)

Just thinking out loud here!!

• ninja
    ninja

you have the same job problems as hookers....they are constantly laid back...and get bored everyday

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

How about asking for more work to do - or think up a project of your own?

Alternatively is your job something you could do from home - perhaps ask if you can work at home for part of the day (then at least if you've no work to do sometimes, you can get on with something else and not get wound up about wasting time!)

Just thinking out loud here!!

#1) I have pleny of work to do always. That is not the problem. The problem is that no one cares if I do it or not. I'm really fast (yes, tooting my own horn) so I can get done in a couple of hours what it takes some all day to do. Then no one notices if I'm slacking the rest of the day.

#2) I can't do this at home

#3) Why work more to get paid the same when I can get paid for being on JWD?? LOL...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You seem to have a conflict between this:

#1) I have pleny of work to do always. That is not the problem. The problem is that no one cares if I do it or not. I'm really fast (yes, tooting my own horn) so I can get done in a couple of hours what it takes some all day to do. Then no one notices if I'm slacking the rest of the day.

and this:

#3) Why work more to get paid the same when I can get paid for being on JWD?? LOL...

Do you think that if you got a job anywhere else it would be any different? If you went elsewhere, you might even be given more work to do whether you like it or not - for no extra pay! Looks like the choice is yours - either continue as you are or stop tooting and slow down your work pace or do more (sorry for using that phrase lol).

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Must be union.

• megaflower
    megaflower

I understand where you are coming from but at least you have only been with the co for 2 years. My husband has been with his co for 25 years and missed getting his pension by 1 FRIGGIN MONTH. They changed the requirememtns and said you must be turning 50 by a certain date and he missed it by 1month grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. He is now treats it like a job and does not go beyond what is required of him.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Just a thought, but 401K is a good way to go regardless of where you are at now or 10 years from now, its never too late to start saving for our Walmart Greeting days.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

So you're worried about pension? First of all find out if that is legal - if they can just take away the pension like that (were you contributing to it and if so what happens to those funds) Check the labour law!

If they pay out the funds you've been contributing too perhaps take that money and reinvest in a private insurance - something like a retirement anuity. Or you could invest in the stock market - but either get someone who knows what they are doing or spend a bit of time getting to know the stock market.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit