Do you thing the JW organization will ever do away with disfellowshipping?

by jetery 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• jetery
    jetery

I know of several of my friends who have been disfellowshipped for years and see no need to come back. They tell me the dont miss the meetings at all. One of the main reasons they dont come back is because of the way they were treated before they were DF.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The organization may one day do away with the DF, but don't hold your breath.

They are bound to get worse before they get better. They might only remove the
    DF and shunning when some successful lawsuits are filed against them about the
    treatment people received because of the practise. Perhaps a teenager with a
    lawyer uncle will succeed and open this door. Perhaps the pendulum will just swing
    on public opinion against JW's and the lawsuits will come about.

They might also remove DF as a desparation move when members are leaving in
    droves, trying to welcome back those that have been shunned.

Don't hold your breath because they will most likely try more threats and worse
    treatment to scare those still in to stay in line.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Why would they?? Its the greatest threat they have. People on the outside gaze in wonder on how people can trun their backs on their own family, they wonder "how is that showing love"?

• garybuss
    garybuss

"Do you thing the JW organization will ever do away with disfellowshipping?"

Only after the disfellowshipped and their families do away with the organization. The only reason the disfellowshipping works is due to social shunning and snubbing by former friends and relatives, not due to religious sanctions. The religious sanctions are actually a pleasure to deal with. The social and business sanctions are not so easy for some.

Me and my family have done away with the organization. Every Witness on the planet could be whisked off to Mars tomorrow and we wouldn't notice or do one thing different with our day.

Choosing to associate with Jehovah's Witnesses is for people who like pain and aggravation.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Gary you nailed it on the head. The less witnesses I have in my social life the better off I am. I hate the anxiety and drama that the ones around here are constantly carrying with them. I greatly dislike it, they seem so abnormal in their feelings once you've been out for a while.

• loosie
    loosie

No I think the org likes the control too much. It really strange how they kick you out from among them but still want to control you when you are out. They need to get a grip.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they did, it would be to further inflate the numbers of witlesses (and get that magic 7 million). It would also open the door for even worse force to be used against those who want out.

As for me, I have "reverse disfellowshipped" them. I minimize any association with the witlesses because all they want is for me to give up what's left of my life, lose any prospects of ever getting in with the opposite sex, and start their Dark Ages for them. I have no use for association with such "people". So long as I shun them as a group, they cannot stop me from doing pretty much as I please.

Fair warning to any hounders that are thinking of sabotaging my chances with the opposite sex with the world like they did within the cancer, that will result in serious hell to pay. Do that, and don't be surprised to see another Danny Haszard like attack on the whole Washtowel Slaveholdery, on MySpace as well as the high profile forums that I can maximize the embarrassment for the whole organization. And I will call the newspapers and news magazines to make it as high profile as the pedophile incidents (as well as the lawsuits that could come from both sources intended to put the Washtowel Slaveholdery out of business).

• freetosee
    freetosee

I can imagine that the wt will do away with the official and public procedure of d'fing people, but its membership will be drilled to recognize and shun any form of "apostasy" anyway. The "marking" of individuals will continue in some way, otherwise the wts would crumble and fall...

fts

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I think they will one day do away with disfellowshipping like they did with taking blood being a "disfellowshipping offense". For the sake of legalities they will switch terminology and say that certain acts will be considered you "disassociating" yourself and will give you that label which holds the SAME sanctions, instead. They will also say that anyone who associates with ones who are disassociated will themselves be considered disassociated. Therefore the onus will be on the individual who will be SELF PUNISHED for any infractments of their rules. Their hands are clean, you are still punished and controlled and they laugh all the way back to Bethel and your helplessness to do a damn thing about it.

They will take disfellowshipping and disassociation to their graves, like pedophiles who wont ever admit as long as they breath that what they did was wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit